× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

too old?

More
8 years 4 months ago #79769 by marisol031908
hello everyone,
I'm new. I'm an undergrad student, who wasted a lot of time trying to make the easy choices and doubting myself. I'm 22, and supposedly made up my mind to apply to the BSN program at CSULA (and other schools) in the fall. Nursing is very impacted and I decided this after being torn with the decision making of whether to apply for BSN and eventually to an CRNA program, or attempting to finish my BS in Bio and then attempting to apply to Med school. I always saw myself playing a major part in a hospital setting. However, sometimes I feel like I lack the skills to make it due to all of the wasted time and doubt, and the fact that I didn't have the best HS education and didn't make the best out of what I did have. Also, I have a three year old daughter and constantly feel like I have wasted enough time as it is and need to start making sturdy, well-grounded decision. That is the reason I have planned out the nursing route, still, I cannot help but feel doubtful of that decision and whether or not I will feel satisfied with it once completed. I feel completely doubtful and alone because I still ahven't found anyone who has tried to give me real advice on this or that I feel understands... anyone here who does?? Help!!
Last Edit: by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #79928 by xxxxx
I would say go for it. I withdrew from a technical college and now attend a university, so I do not have a perfect academic background either. I am 24 and will hopefully be in med school by 27. If this is what you want to do, I would contact a pre-med advisor at your college and they can help you through the process.
Get the best grades you can, volunteer your time to help others, and get involved with your college and you should do fine. Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!