× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

Interested in Medicine

More
6 years 10 months ago #87202 by sarah22
Hi there. I was hoping I could get some ideas. I am currently enrolled in nursing school but I would really prefer to be a doctor, but that is unfortunately out of the question. However, I do really enjoy studying medical material. I try to study around 20 hours a week or whenever I have free time. I have several pathophysiology books and have read some of them. I also have done several of the step 2 Kaplan lectures (which were extremely helpful) and some of the step 3 clinical vignettes. I am currently going through usmle step 2 book... however, I feel that I am wasting my time and am finding it is very hard to set up a study plan on your own. I know I could be studying more effectively. I would really like to be able to watch medical school lectures, but that of course is impossible. Do you guys have any recommendations to what I should be studying? I really appreciate your time and suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #90366 by Eileen Cox
I have always wanted to be a Doctor since the age of 7. When I got to university with this dream in mind, life took a negative turn for the worst. My parents were on the verge of separation and divorce and my world came tumbling down. My forst year was a disaster, and although i tried to hang in, it got worse in second and third year. I then left university and went into alternative therapy where i studies body work. I have been in this for 16 years but all these years with medicine on my mind. During this time, I got married and had my daughter. My husband encouraged me to return to school - which i did part-time and finally graduated in 2009. I did a completely different major, and now I want to returnto take pre-med courses.

Pls. help with any feedback! i prepared for the long journey but i am still a bit scared and fearful of the process. I also want to have another child, so i am planning to do this during the pre med stage and not later.

HELP!!!

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #91089 by Ari Butterly
Advertising not allowed in forum. Sorry.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by .

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #95606 by hasseb1
I am essentially a single mom during the weeks, as my husband travels for work. I have no family members in my area or friends that I can rely on for aid with my 7 month old boy. I just finished applying to med school for September 2014. I am not even sure if I will be accepted, but I am afraid that if I am I will not be prepared when it comes to finding care for my son. I have no idea what to do. Daycare is only good until 5 pm. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What have you done? Any advice please?

Cut down your exam stress by using our latest a+ test exam and high quality security+ and mcdst demos. We provide updated security+ exam questions questions with Olivet Nazarene University pass guarantee

aliiiiii
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by hasseb1.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!