× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

Medical school or PA school?

More
5 years 6 months ago #92350 by Sawyer
I am a nontraditional student and have decided to go back to school for my prerequisites and apply to either PA or medical school. I have good grades for my undergrad and masters so I am hopeful that I will be able to get in somewhere as long as I keep my grades up.

At first I was considering PA school because of the shorter time investment but now I am also considering medical school. I am fortunate that my husband has a great job and we will be able to pay for either without going into debt. I am just worried I would eventually not be satisfied as a PA and then end up going to medical school later.

I am currently looking into shadowing physicians and PAs but would love to hear any thoughts you ladies have on MD vs PA.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #92556 by NatPfeiffer
Sawyer,
I am pursuing a graduate degree and taking the prereqs for med school. When I first began grad school, I thought I could settle and become a psychologist rather than a psychiatrist (PhD versus MD). What I have learned is that it is better to follow your heart and to not have any regrets. My advice is to not settle for PA school if you really want to become an MD. I hope that helps in some way!

Whatever you decide, I look forward to reading about your journey!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!