× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

31, LPN, wanting to become a MD or DO

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #95807 by Mommmyx2MD
Hello! I am new here. I've been a LPN for almost 8 years. I've applied to several LPN to RN Mobility programs several times (8 exactly) without success. (Very discouraging) Life has been very interesting lately. I've wanted to be a physician for as long as I can remember (age 4). I have one child 4.5 yrs, and one on the way (due October 2015). I know that I am embarking on a demanding occupation, however, I don't want to be 45 wondering how my life could have been if I'd pursued becoming a MD.

I'm planning to restart my pre-med classes in Spring 2016 (after baby is born)

Any advice, motivation, tips, do's/don'ts are greatly welcomed and appreciated.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Mommmyx2MD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #95808 by sahmd
Hi Mommmyx2MD, I'm sorry it has been difficult to move up in the nursing field. Do you have any idea why you have had this difficulty? I don't mean to be nosy, but I am just wondering if some of the same factors will be an issue when applying to medical school.

More
3 years 4 months ago #95809 by Mommmyx2MD
Sahmd, I've always met the minimum requirements, just someone out there with better grades, or it just wasn't meant to be. Nursing school GPA was 3.3.

More
3 years 4 months ago #95813 by sahmd
Okay, so to change that, you will have to do really well in your pre-med classes. Get lots of help with childcare so that you can be free to concentrate on your courses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mommmyx2MD

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #141116 by TEBAcademy
Agreed!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!