× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

Single Moms?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #58686 by wannabdr
Hello everyone! I am currently taking prereqs and doing fine. :D I have 2 children, ages 8 and 4. They are used to Mommy doing homework, and we have a pretty good routine down. I will hopefully be starting Med school in 2 more years. I have been reading posts for awhile, and I hear about moms making it through Med school with live-in help. (Husbands, Mothers, Nannys, etc) I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted/made it through Med school alone? I have a wonderful church family that babysits when I work 16hr shifts on the weekends. They will help during rotations, etc. The girls go to daycare during the week while I am at school. I believe I have the ability to make it work from this side of the grass... Some people look at me like I am crazy though! I have made it this far, I don't want to give up on the DREAM until I try. :crossfingers:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #58687 by Chandra
Shout outs to all of the single parents out there!!! :yes: :yikes:
I just told my mom, today, that my whole life right now is Kids, books and bills.
Keep the faith, my friend, and never give up on the dream that you have. A great friend of mine once told me that the most powerful force in the universe is the force of becoming. When you are inspired to become, you can do anything and nothing will be denied you.
Hollar at me if you need to.

Wishing you well,
Chandra :grouphug:

"Living and Loving It"

More
13 years 9 months ago #58688 by sumozmom
Singlemommy-

I too have been divorced for a yr. I am taking my pre-rec for anither 2 yrs and hope to get into Dental School in 2008. Than another 4 yrs. Currently I 'm 37. :eek: :tired: :yikes: !

I am on the west cost and my fam is on the east. I have nobody here to help me . my x is playng games saying- "just because u decided to get up and go back to school does not mean I'm gonna be around to help."

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

I will become a DDS/DMD!

CHIN UP and keep plugging away!

~ whatever is beautiful,<br />whatever is meaningful,<br />whatever brings you happiness...<br />May it be yours today and throught the year ~

More
13 years 9 months ago #58689 by wannabdr
UGH!! This semester has been ridiculous! I noticed this post I had done in September (the beginning of the semester)and I was so positive... and now at the end... :( I had to drop Chemistry, I didn't want to sacrifice my GPA. I am missing school right now because my girls are sick!! Don't get me wrong, I am still plugging along. I am encouraged that there are at least two other moms in the world doing it alone :wave: . I can't stand ex's... Why on earth would anyone want to assist the mother of their children to succeed and make a better life for the children?? I am unusually crabby today. Good luck to you as well. Thanks for responding!!

More
10 years 5 months ago #58690 by sumozmom
now almost done w/BS program wondering how many more single moms are out there and how did u progress from this pt on....step 1...rotations...etc

~ whatever is beautiful,<br />whatever is meaningful,<br />whatever brings you happiness...<br />May it be yours today and throught the year ~

More
9 years 10 months ago #71786 by row03
chandra...thanks for your thoughts on "becoming". I needed to see that.

ec

i'm over 40 and applying to med school...and i'm a single mom of one 6yo sweet and wonderful girl!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!