× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Michelle's Diary

More
15 years 11 months ago #68622 by shellbell
WOW! Great forum!

Well, life as a Pre-Med, what a exciting journey.

To give you a little background, I am 32, married 10 years and have 3 wonderful children. Around 3 years ago I decided to pursue Medicine. I wanted something more in my life and I just could not shake this feeling. Many questions entered my head, can I do this? Am I able to have a family and pursue this demanding but exciting career? Well, yes I can, and will.

I have been taking partime classes for the past 3 years at our local Community College. I hope to transfer in 2004 to UC Riverside or UCLA. I have decided to up the units in school and press forward. This is where I am today and hopefully will see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I will take you along with me, if you have me and we can pursue our dreams together.

Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #68623 by shellbell
Well I can't believe it has been almost 1 month since I posted. Time is sure going by fast. :goodvibes: I did pretty good. I have always had a difficult time with Math. Now I have a break until Jan 5, then I have History, I am taking it in a 6 week course. :yikes: Hopefully it won't be too demanding, with taking care of family and all.

Spring semester I hope to take 12 units! I was planning to transfer in 2004 to UCR but I might have to wait a little longer. I have a few more classes than I thought. I am so excited everytime I hear one of you get accepted into Medical school. It gives me that motivation I need. I feel so blessed to have all of you during this long but exciting process.

Well Christmas is right around the corner and we are all done with shopping. My children are very excited and want Santa to come. So I am going to free my mind of school and relax with my family this Hoiday season.

Have a wonderful Holiday and be safe!

Michelle :p

More
15 years 8 months ago #68624 by shellbell
January came and went too fast! I was planning to write in January but I lost track of the dates. :rolleyes:

Well my family and I have been through some changes lately. We are moving in May into a new home. We are excited and I can't wait for the extra space. I can have an office finally! ;) I have been so busy with life, school and family that I forgot to register for classes Jan 22. So tonight I was able to get into 2. Tomorrow I will try for 1 or 2 more. Can you believe someone would forget such a thing? :weeping:

I am going to volunteer for a Rape Crisis Center near my home. I hope I can help as much as they need. Why a Rape Center you might ask? Well not to go to much into it, I had a terrible thing happen to me when I was 14 and feel I could help or maybe I need to do this in order to release many mixed feelings. So by volunteering I hope to give as much of myself as I can to support those in need.

My tired body is in need of some rest so until next time, be safe, strong, happy and and stop to smell the roses!

Take care

Michelle

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!