× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Reese's Journey.....

More
14 years 5 days ago #68658 by rollcoaster
I only missed one question of six. Her six point quizes be no joke. I talk to her about my grade and was concerned b/c i missed a quized but she told don't be concerned b/c i am getting an A in her class. i am getting a B now in my math classes and it all good right now. I am sitting on cloud nine. just toable to balance school, work and my family means alot to me.

alright i have to go and get my son. I just had to relieve some good news! :)

:grouphug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #68659 by rollcoaster
Just coming home from work and unwinding. This week we had two days off and it was nice. School is going well but now I am bored with my job. I am a dietary aid. I assemble dinner trays for patient in the kitchen. I don't get to see any patients but the pay is great :D . I just switch my hours to 4 days a week and i only work 5 hours a day. The kitchen is stressful and some people are really starting to tick me off. I am looking to transfer into another department in the hospital like Patient Transport but they are not hiring.

I think over the summer if i have time I am going to try to do a nursing assistant program. Someone told me that the hospital offers it free of charge to employees. You have to volunteer 100 hours afterwards. Not bad to me! I will have to look into it.

My son is doing good tomorrow he will be going to the barber shop. His hair grows so fast. I have to get it cut every week which is $12.00.

More
14 years 1 day ago #68660 by rollcoaster
Today is sunday....equals Greys's Anatomy! yeah! I love that show...so much drama. I like it!

In about 2 hours I have to start getting ready for work. I don't feel like going. yersterday I went to the information booth in the hospital and ask the lady about the nursing program for employees. She gave me the # b/c they are closed on the weekend. I intended to call them monday morning.

I have a two quizes in Spch this week. I some math assisgment I need to complete by March 1st. I don't have an Psychology exam until after spring break which is good. My English paper will handled back tuesday so I am excitied about my grade....

During sprink break I will be doing some spring cleaning and trying to get organized.

I can't wait till next year when I start taking my premed classes. I am so excited! When I look at my BF chemisty book I get nervous. So I am taking a Intro to chem next semester to prep me for Chem I. I might do the same for Phycis. I am really worried about math... cal especially.

I can't wait to transfer to the University which ever one I pick b/c so I can feel like I am getting somewhere. When I transfer I will be a sophmore.

well I have to go and get ready for work....

More
13 years 11 months ago #68661 by rollcoaster
I have been getting lazy lately...I forgot my math assisgment was due tonight before 12:00am and when i remember my computer was acting up and it is overdue! This is my 3rd assigment I have forgot about :eek: I need to start getting back on track. I am gettting a B right now in math. I overslept today and miss class. :( This is the 3rd day I have miss English and that is not good!

Today I went to work. I went to the HR and ask them about the CNA classes. The progam is call 'Train to work'. They only except people who do not have a job and you must have CNA certifite and one year of experince in a nursing home but if I get my CNA I could transfer easlily to that positon.

I been looking online for some CNA training and I found that the red cross have classes. They are flexible for working adults and students. They give you a list of days and times. I am going to register for the one in May from 3:30 to 9:30pm for 1month. My semeser ends may 12. and I don't start summer school until June 6. so it works out great and I can always rearrang my schelude for work. I am so excited about that! I was think of during a phelomoby training also. Some of the postions require you know how to draw blood.

More
13 years 11 months ago #68662 by rollcoaster
Let me first start off with this morning: My BF pick me up this morning for school. On our way to school we ran out gas. As soon as we got off the highway we ran out. So intersection was kind of busy but cars still could get around us. The worst part is I was looking right at the school. Now mind you we was already late you school. So we pull over and he went for gas. The nearest one was about 10mins walking. After 15 min. the police pull behind me. He walks to my side and ask me whats going on. I tell him we ran out of gas and hes on his way back. He told me he had 5minutes to get back or he was going to tow the car. Now his tone was rude and snotty. I called my BF and told his the officer was here and he had 5min to get back. lucky he was walking down the bridge. Mind you the bridge is long to walk. 5min later another police officer arrived. They walk up to me and ask me did I have the keys. I told him he took the the keys. The first officer said 'why the **** you would he take the keys, what a bone head' :banghead: It took all the energy I had to roll up the window and turn my back to them. But before I did that the second officer ask the first 'you want me to pick him up' like he was a criminal. :eek: As soon as they left my window I started to cry. How could they talk like that to me! my feeling was so hurt I had to call my mom right then and their to tell her. Soon after my BF came and he was putting gas into the car. He told me that when the officer pick him up he didn't have a nasty tone. I guess they thought he might be a little thug or something.

I was completly humilated by that incident. I counldn't believe the language they use and how rude they were. I think if I was white it would have turned out differnt. The first officer was white and the second was latino. This was the wrong morning to forget my glasses b/c I couldn't read they're badge # or get a good luck at them! :( I never been in that postion and St.Paul police I known for they rasism and just out rudness. I was so shook up I didn't even go to class. I went home and sleep.

I am feeling alot better but that incident will care with me. I know alot of police officer in chicago and my god mother was one of them. and I never experince that before. It could have turned out differently if I had tore them what was on my mind. But it wasn't worth it. I could have been lock up for that or got hurt b.c I would have not let them put me in the car easlily.

Nway on a light note I cook dinner and my son had a good day. He is on pushinment b/c he was using inapprotiate language at school! calling people '**** heads' he had to learn that at school b/c I don't curse in the house. I do alot of yelling but no cursing. I say damn but thats about it.

Tomorrow I have English. I am not missing that class! Tomorrow is starting our sprink break and I am so happy! I have no plans but I am going to try to register for the YMCA membership! I am going to volunteer at my hospital I work out.

More
13 years 11 months ago #68663 by rianah100
Dorise,
It is real unfortunate that this kind of stuff happens even these days. I know exactly what you are talking about- I used to live in the Detroit area. The cops in nice neighborhoods treated lighter colored Indians different from the darker ones.

Don't let this bring you down. You have real good shot at medical school with decent grades. Be a champ and show to the world that you can do it!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!