× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

When you don't choose medicine....

More
11 years 9 months ago #68875 by mommd2b
Soooo...it has been a crazy-long time since I've updated! We've had so much going on with the kids and school....and the never-ending winter here!

Holy cow...do I get to complain that we got 14 inches dumped on us Thursday night...which closed the area for most of Friday?

The good news is that yesterday it hit 49F an today..it is supposed to hit 59F. Spring is dragging its feet, but...is definitely on its way! :D

We're all eager to see more of the sun, play outside, plant the gardens and get back on our bikes. Someone this weekend said to me:"Minnesota has 4 seasons. June, July, August...and winter"

I think that says it all.

How did I end up here again? :D

The career dilemna is such a thorn in my side lately too. Winter provides me with waaaaaay too much time to myself to think and ponder my options. Because I'm not in a position to take action yet in any direction, I end up often overthinking, overanalyzing, overworrying and really spinning my wheels.

I think it would be a lot easier to commit to a direction and begin working towards it if the options here were clearer. There is one medical school in the state, one PhD psych program, one PsyD psych program, one PA program....all of these continue to be ideas that I mull over...Whether or not they are realistic for my family is another thing...and I need to come to terms with creating a balance in my own life, accepting that I need to compromise and embracing all that is good about the life that I currently have...which is a lot!

Headline news in my life right now?

http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Residency-Medical-Embracing-Training/dp/05954870 17/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208280343&sr=8-2

This is what I've been working on finishing for the last year...and is part of the reason that I couldn't focus just on school last year...I was in the middle of finishing and going through various rounds of editing and all of that had deadlines associated with it.

It'll be available in 4-6 weeks from Amazon, etc...but of course if anyone is interested really...just let me know and I'll send you a free copy when I get mine.

Yeah!

Kris

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!