× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

The saga begins....

More
13 years 4 months ago #68954 by Striving2succeed
Hello all! I have decided to attempt to keep a diary of my last two semesters at my college and my trek of the 2007 Application Cycle to medical school. Both DO. and MD. Where I will end...I don't know...Feel free to journey on the ride...

Brief synopsis of my premedical career:
Single parent....started out college with excellent grades....became overwhelmed with responsibilites shortly over....spent some semesters...blemishing my academic transcript...recently within the past year...began to recover...academically...and shine with stellar grades...currently applying to medical school and post-bacc programs...predominately medical schools with post-bacc or bridge programs.

....we will see how it goes...applied to about 16 schools...11 MD and 5 DO....so far...two rejections....YAY! Lol...well...I am not really that happy...but didn't want to go to University of Miami or Eastern Tennessee State anyways...just added them because I had 11 free MD schools.

~Perpetually Striving2wardssucess!<br />Philippians 4:13<br />I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #68955 by Striving2succeed
Current mood... PMSing....also didn't help that I didn't do as well as I would have liked...on my first Histology and Biochemistry exams...my first Histology exam seemed more difficult than the MCAT...speaking of which...people make the MCAT seem way harder than it really is...or perhaps I am just an idiot...even if I take a test and don't do well on it...I'll still take it thinking..."this test isn't as hard as I thought it would be...perhaps I should have studied" LOL...I guess I will find out my MCAT scores in the next 13 days...lol...definitely not too excited about that...or perhaps I am indifferent...either way...I am prepared for the January retake if need be.(They say I have ADD/ADHD...so if any of you are wondering why I switch from topic to topic...but I am NOT going to claim that...at all...) anyways...

I felt pretty confident about my Biochemistry exam more so than I did my Histology exam...but apparently I did better on my Histology exam than I did on my Biochemistry exam....I did run out of time on Biochem...as did the majority of the class...guess I better get to crackin on some pH, pKa, thermodynamic stuff...at least I have all 20 amino acids and their structures memorized...lol...did that in one day!

Why must I be PMSing....tho...it ranges from me being extremely irritated and mean to certain people to depressed! I can't wait until this menstral cycle ends!

~Perpetually Striving2wardssucess!<br />Philippians 4:13<br />I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

More
13 years 4 months ago #68956 by Striving2succeed
Today was an ok day...even though it started out pretty eerie! I kept thinking I would be in a car accident before I left the city where my University is....Thank God I made it home safely...

Got my Histology Lab Practical back...I passed...that practical took the entire two hours and consisted of only two slides...but I surprised myself by knowing a lot more than I thought I did...There is much room for improvement basically in all of my courses...get my Microbiology exam grades back tommorrow supposedly...and I will be disappointed if I received any grade below A- or B+...cuz that exam sure seemed easy.

Finished a few secondaries in the last few days...Lake Erie-Bradenton, and USF...had those secondaries for a while...My FSU file is complete. Got a letter from Oklahoma State today telling me what I needed to submit...lol...funny thing is...I submitted those documents way before they even received my AACOMAS primary...and I made sure that their office had them.

It seems that everything is riding on the MCAT...the last thing to complete most of my secondaries...and I don't even know what that score will be...if it's decent...I might retake...if it's not...I'll definitely retake...and make sure that next time...I actually do study!

More
13 years 4 months ago #68957 by Striving2succeed
Yeah today was an ok day....Made a summary of my exam grades from all of my courses...some were ok...but I know I can do better...

I'm smart...time to start using my peak academic and intellectual capabilities...

I guess I'll start studying...

I have actually calmed down...from the Morning After Pill debate...

The thought of a life growing inside of me...with its own heartbeat...ebing nourished...each and every day...growing larger and larger....quickening...and squirming and swimming about inside of me....until one day...I start to see footprints walk across my abdomen...or a hand print...or an elbow and the baby turns and flips inside....how wonder a life inside....

Imagine...this beautiful life....smashed...punctured...eradicated...stabbed...and it's gone...the heartbeat...everything...it's very existance...is no more...

All because...I thought it was my right...to end it...

More
13 years 4 months ago #68958 by Striving2succeed
Yippee! I am taking a two week sabbatical from MomMD...guess I'll see ya guys all in two weeks...by that time...MCAT scores should have been out...

Anyways...it's been great. GOD BLESS!

More
13 years 4 months ago #68959 by Striving2succeed
I suppose I am back on here...though school is super hectic...and secondaries were running me down....

Received my MCAT...I won't say that I am not happy with my score....I'll just say...I think it is ok...given the fact that I took a full science load this summer...and had to miss weeks from school to care for my mom after her surgery...I will say...that I was arrogant about Verbal and DIDN'T take a watch in with me....I ran out of time on it...so that costed me some pts...

Good news is......

I already have one Interview coming up....and I'm currently being considered for two more...

So we will see...

Anyways...
GOD BLESS!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!