× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

This too shall pass!

More
13 years 8 months ago #69532 by casdaimler
Took a physics test in the am and an orgo test in the pm...pretty much flunked both...at least I walked in the door and managed a few answers before someone shut off my brain switch.
Went to see the PMD today-he suggested meds for depression...guess what, we have a huge family history and I am apparently showing pretty much all the S & S of depression. I don't like meds and feel if I relieve some of the stressors (ie, FIL, 2- lawsuits, insurance issues etc), then my world would be back to where I can handle it. So we made a compromise...I back off a little, if all does not markedly improve, I try meds...good deal. I actually feel a great deal better since initiating counseling, but the "tune-up" is just not working as fast or as well this time. Dr. ordered labwork-there goes about a thousand dollars I can't afford (so much for decreasing stressors :rotfl: ), but I guess I am due.
Glad to hear from Kris and that all is heading in a positive direction for her for once. Don't worry Kris, baby will make 36 weeks at least!!! Funny thing about kids, they take all you can throw at them and more yet still come out just fine...now if they would only come with instrucitons instead of just bouncing it would make the world a lot easier for us parents!!! :rotfl:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #69533 by casdaimler
Yippeee...Spring Break!!!! Said as if I had something wonderful to do for the break. Actually I plan to just work. I don't know who wrote the game plan, but spring break for college and public schools are not the same here. My son does not get off for break until April. Usually means we don't get a break together until Christmas...we have not taken a vactation since 1996. Most of that is money, some of it is pets. We did go to California last summer to visit my uncle on his death bed..not exactly a vacation, but a cool trip nonetheless.
Anyway, feeling a little better everyday. I have not looked at books :eek: since last Friday so I am not sure if my study ability is any good yet. Became a full blown wuss and actually shed tears in counseling. Problem is now every time I try to close my eyes I get flashbacks of deep down emotional stuff and can't sleep. I guess the Lazy boy needs a workout :D
Still have not heard from daughter, and don't really expect to. I still call weekly and leave a message...hi, hope all is well, do you need anything, etc.
My son begs daily to either not go to school, or to come home early. I have a parent/teacher conference this Wed and am not sure how to approach it. I do know if I had two of his teachers I would want to quit. What happened to "facilitation of learning" or making learning fun? High school kids are prone to drop out rates higher than any other age group and these instructors are absolute B@%#$s about everything. My son went to class to turn in a project (I know because I brought the project to him so he did not have to carry it around all day) but the teacher was out and there was a sub. The next day I was unavailable (at school) and he left the project at home...now the teacher (who acts like she hates life) refuses to allow him to bring in the project at all. I know I went out of my way to take him to the store to purchase materials, and take it to school, now he is not allowed to turn it in and gets zero credit...I know life can be tough, but 15 year olds need some sort of break. I cannot wait until the meeting Wed.
Enough whining for now, I guess everything else is good. Hope all is great for everyone else on the forum, sounds like some of us are in the pits of depression. Remember ladies...This too shall pass!!! :tired:

More
13 years 8 months ago #69534 by casdaimler
Kids, gotta love 'em. I was scheduled to work this pm but was cancelled. My son, who had completely expected me to work, spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to convince me to go out and do something cuz his "shows" were on tv and he hates when I am in the same house (god forbid) when he wants to relax and watch his shows. Fine, I am finally convinced to go catch a movie and blow a little time so he can have his time. I came home an hour earlier than he had envisioned cuz it was late (midnight) and I fully expected him to be asleep...well, he was actually cleaning house for me. :D What a great kid!!!! Course he was a little ticked at me for being home early, and of course now I feel like a total rat, but at the same time....I know he is up to something!!! Sometimes parenthood has its moments when you can't decide to appreciate or analyze :rotfl: !!!!!
Oddly enough, heard from my ex hubby today. I thought it odd, cuz he NEVER calls, he usually has his wife/slave :rotfl: do the contacting. Well, as previously posted, my daughter is living with ex FIL, I picked up her car, cancelled the insurance, and revoked her license. Well, also as previously posted, this ex FIL is such a %#*$& :laughing: How predictable can you be?!?!?!? Well, ex hubby told them to go jump, his sister is now really p.o.'d at FIL and slave/wife for even involving her and I am smiling at a small success. Actually, I do feel terrible that I had to pull the license, but it was my only recourse. :boxedin: So, back to keeping my guard up, I guess, cuz like any "child", ex FIL will be up to something vindictive. The only thing that scares me is that the only way for her to get her license back again is for me and ex hubby to either be dead or give ex FIL custody, or her to be emancipated. Hopefully...This too shall pass!!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #69535 by casdaimler
Still have not heard from daughter although I still call weekly. Son is pestering me about some project he wants to do around the house (the impossible kind) for which I refuse to fork out the cash. He's a persistent cuss! Next step...child abuse :crossfingers: :D

More
13 years 7 months ago #69536 by casdaimler
Wow, can't believe it has been over a week since I posted...been busy I guess. Feeling better every day, but am impatient to get back to the "final" me. I still have good days and bad days..ups and downs. EMDR really screws with my mind for a few days making every day a new adventure.
Received the letter from Disabiltiy Services at school today...maybe more testing time will help me wait out the lights on/off ordeal. Memory seems better...less down time, more retentive ability.
My son is pretty much back to normal today. No longer bugging me about the impossible task :D He really is a great kid...15, no drugs, no alcohol...and a good friend. I love to spend time with him after school. Sometimes we just go to the store and "talk"...actually, he and I would make a great comedy team.

The only almost bad thing that happened this week is my gall bladder. Female fat and 40...just my luck. I had an attack Sat pm and put myself NPO, then progressed to clear liquids. Did well for about five days. Today I ventured into the bagel realm...okay, I admit it had light butter and cream cheese on it :goodvibes: , but oh man did I pay for that one! :goodvibes:

More
13 years 7 months ago #69537 by casdaimler
Well, the orgo test felt pretty good...seemed to be able to actually comprehend a reaction...end result...yuk. :scratchchin: I also took a Physics exam the next Monday. Felt even better...got an A :laughing: Maybe I will take the summer off to just enjoy my kid!!! God it feels good to breathe again!!!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!