× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Thanks mom

More
10 years 4 months ago #69569 by EternalOptimist
I never though I'd be grateful and excited about summer school, but here I am, glowing. I had given up hope of taking pre-reqs this summer. My husband and I did the budget and thought we could just barely cover the class and books. But then I was sick and missed two days of work, and since I only work 2 days a week (12 hour shifts) this was disastrous. No school, which set me back even more since this pre-req is a pre-req for the classes I need to take in the Fall. But have no fear, the universe is a kind and responsive place. The universe being my mother. She was trying to get me to go on vacation with her but after refusing (would you want to bring twin 2 year olds on a plane?!?) she offered instead to pay for my class. How wonderful is she? Usually when my mom offers money I try to stop her, but I can't refuse help with my education. What I will do is work that much harder so she can feel she's invested well .

I love my mom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #69570 by EternalOptimist
Just when I thought my troubles were over, I ran into a snag with registration. It was a long and frustrating battle with the registrar over missing transcripts. Let me put it this way, it began with teary eyes and ended with all 5 of us in the car on a 400 mile round trip drive to get the dang transcript. Phew! I'm tired but happy to say that I'm enrolled in Intro to Chem for the summer. I missed the first day getting the paperwork taken care of, but it will be worth it.

Right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!