× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Mom of 3 tries everything NOT to become an MD and fails ;)~

More
13 years 9 months ago #69578 by chem2md
Okay everyone ... have I completely lost my mind?? We want to have a baby!!! :eek: I know with the health issues I have been having I should probably wait but we are trying so hard right now to look to the future and plan things for once instead of simply reacting to our lives. If we start trying right after MCAT in April adn I get pregnant right away - which is a good possibility considering that it only took one or 2 tries with each of the others ... than I can be at home and enjoy my pregnancy and still have 4-6 months at home with the new baby before classes begin. We have also talked about the possibility of haveing another between years 3 and 4 ... we wanted 2 more but he would like to have them before he's 40 ... which I can understand. We are planning on buying a bigger house in May or June so the timing would be right all the way around. He went out and bought a home gym and we have been slowly creating a workout routine to strengthen my system before we try. I am so excited!!! I posted another topic in a different forum about the Effexor I am on and my pending pregnancy - I would love any advice!!! Post there or pm me. Okay ... thats all for now - I am off to MCAT hell :boggled:

Chem2MD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #69579 by chem2md
Okay, can we say TIRED??? I am having trouble keeping my eyes open today ... I have also been nauseous for the past couple of days ... both of which lend themselves to very lttle studying ;) I know we are trying to concieve so these symptoms could be signs ... :crossfingers: ... but we have just begun to try so I am more apt to believe it is a bug or something. My husband is in the field this week on a training excercise and I have decided to be lazy :D I have left dishes in the sink for 2 days now and I let the kids choose dinner last night so we all had cereal :crossfingers: I am so very impatient ... I allready went out and bought some pregnancy tests, lol ... well ... I am going to try to get a few winks before I have to pick the kdis up from school. Stay Strong Ladies!!!

Chem2MD

More
13 years 8 months ago #69580 by chem2md
Well I am now 9 days post ovulation and I should be able to start testing today or tomorrow ... I have to say I am letting some symptoms convince me we are pregnant :crossfingers: The past couple of days I have been sick to my stomach at odd times for no apparent reason ... my boobs feel like someone added 5 lbs to them and I have been eating non-stop :confused: I have also been sleeping much more than usual ... normally I need about 6 hours and the past few nights I have been averaging 11-12 ... Last night I slept from midnight to 6:30 and then I got the boys ready and took them to school and thought I'd just rest my eyes for a few minutes before I jumped back into MCAT hell and before I know it it was almost 11:30 ... I got up .. ate AGAIN ... showered .. and now I feel like I could sleep 12 more hours ... oooyyy! :confused: I am going to go buy some tests here shortly so cross your fingers for me ... the timing would be sooo perfect for us. I would have the baby BEFORE I would have to interview so there wouldn't be that chance of being looked upon "differently" during the interview process if you catch my drift, lol ... and I woud get so much time home with the baby before I would start school. Yeah I am chancing some MCAT study time with the fatigue and morning sickness but I feel pretty good about the overall timing. I've got the god-parents-to-be going thru Match this week so we are all hoping to have good news by the weekend to celebrate! Have a good one!

Chem2MD

More
13 years 8 months ago #69581 by chem2md
okay so before I head out to the store to buy the HPTs I have a tidbit fo wisdom for all .....

DONT BUY CHEAP SUPERGLUE :rotfl:

Let me tell you what I just did ...

being the thrifty mom that I am I bought the generic superglue ...

being the thrifty mom that I am ... when I pulled out my sandals for this beautiful 80 degree weather we have here today and saw the lining had peeled away from the sole over the winter ... I decided to use said superglue to fix my cute hippie sandals ....

so as I am glueing sandal numer one ... or trying to at least I realize the glue isn't coming out ... on the sandal :rotfl:

Chem2MD

More
13 years 8 months ago #69582 by chem2md
okay so I am officially in month 2 of trying to concieve ... no baby yet ... just a quick updaye for any who may be following. I am such an impatient person and I can only hope that I am able to keep remembering what a blessing the healthy children I allready have are to me and to know that what is meant to happen will.

Chem2MD

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!