× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Plump Chicken!

More
12 years 8 months ago #69810 by plumpchkn
:wave: Hi, I don't know what I'm going to write about in here, probably not much as of yet so I can't be identified by potential residency scouts. I'll wait for the juicy stuff until AFTER match day :p

Right now I want to brag about plump chicken - today, well, tomorrow she turns 12 weeks! yeah!! :guilty:

My hubby and I are doing great now - he's really changed since the baby came. I'm happy about that. We have a good solid marriage once again which is what I was hoping for. I don't know how pleased he is aobut sleeping in the baby's room though!

Hmm, right now things are good so this diary is a bit on the quiet side, perhaps I just have to get into the swing of it, I've never even kept a diary in real time before! Oh well, we'll see where this goes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #69811 by plumpchkn
Hiya! :wave: Well I just got another interview invite!! :goodvibes:

More
12 years 8 months ago #69812 by plumpchkn
Good evening :wave:

Plump is sleeping, I'm starting to feel guilty about leaving her on Monday. For two weeks now I've been counting down the days - 14/13/12/11/10...

Now I'm counting the days until I'm done again (which will be two weeks starting Monday) :eek:

I'm feeling very attached to her, we sleep together all the time adn I want to hug and kiss her constantly - she's actually very independent and doesn't really like to be fondled all that much. She enjoys her bouncer/swing time the most :)

I'm getting a bit worried about all this money I'm spending on interviews. I took out that medloan to help us through, its 5000.00 but I've already spent half of it on suits/cars/hotels and flights - I can't believe how impossibly expensive this whole endeavor is. When I was a nurse I felt like I had a lot of money all the time and I worked only 3 days a week.

I miss nursing sometimes. I miss making money and spending so much time with my patients. I used to love to see them smile, especially my psych patients because when I came on they knew something special would happen like we would play a game, or I would take them for a cigarette, or sometimes even do a cartwheel if they PROMISED to take all their meds haha :guilty:

More
12 years 8 months ago #69813 by plumpchkn
Well today just sucked all the way around :yes:

I feel really bad for oBGYN"S the amount of hours they work, the amount of time and effort that has to go into each patient because of SOOOO many different reasons - I couldn't do it really. I just don't have the strength or wear- with- all to withstand that kind of constant neediness from my patients. And I don't mean needy in the sense of a emotional needs, I mean NEEDY i.e no heartbeat, or decreased movement, or dysfunctional bleeding, etc etc - my Lord, these OB's work HARD - they deserve 1 million a year.

Well, its 9p and I should get some rest.

Take care all and I will write more later.

Am I getting the hang of this? Hope this doesn't turn into the bitchfest post as I get more miserable away from Plump Chicken <sigh>

Ok, g'night ladies

More
12 years 8 months ago #69814 by plum
PC-I didn't know you were an RN, I am too (in my second year of medschool, married, no babies yet)! Congratulations on your plumchickn.
I really took your comment to heart about missing nursing and how medicine is so much more strict.
I TOTALLY agree. Medicine is nowhere near as much fun, I used to have fun with and make my patients laugh all the time and now I feel like if I do that they look at me like I am from mars or something. I think they expect more seriousness from doctors or something, it has been an adjustment no doubt. I really like school and I have a feeling I'll be very glad someday after it is behind me, but I too miss the purity of nursing, you go in, do your job, make some patients laugh, and you go home. I think it is all the hours too, that make docs crabby. Shift work is a BEAUTIFUL thing. And feeling like their patients need so much and they don't get paid enough.
If I become an anesthesiologist at least then it is pseudo-shift work and I can crack jokes in the OR sometimes....what are you going into?

More
12 years 8 months ago #69815 by plumpchkn
:wave: Hi Ladies!

Thank you to the above poster. Yes I was an LPN, not RN, back in MY day we could challenge the boards for RN after doing the LPN but that never happened - I just worked and went to school (undergrad)...
Now, I posted like this whole long blog today and I deleted it by accident! Oh well, I was basically talking about thinking my babysitter perhaps wasn't so great, but everything got worked out.

Its just not the same to repost afterwards is it? Repeating the story just doesn't do it for me arrghh :wave:

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!