× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

When medicine chooses you....

More
9 years 10 months ago #73824 by momRNtoDO
Well, this month started off like a lamb (coated in 6 inches of snow) and went out like a lion. But the same can be said for my school. My school had an upheaval of administration at winter break, ousting our old President and seating the Chairman of the Board to the temporary position of Pres. There was a lull, then at the beginning of March, almost daily lawsuits were filed, all about money. We have all been reassured that our school is solvent and everything will be fine, but I am just on edge. There are all kinds of things going on that are making me very mistrustful. Rumor is going around that the school can only graduate 250. We started with over 270. That means that they expect that many to fail or drop out or defer. This month, I have had one friend falsely accused and coerced into settling for something that wasn't right in order to avoid an ethics violation accusation; another was kicked out with 4 weeks of class to go. I look back over the last year, and several of my friends have had serious things happen in their lives, many of which have either failed out of school or had to postpone their education. I am thankful that I have been able to overcome my obstacles so far.

I am also in a funk...I just don't feel at ease, and I think that on top of all the weird stuff going on at school, two weeks ago, a man I used to work with was murdered. It was his last night working at the convenience store, and it was robbed. He gave them everything, but they shot him anyway. It wasn't a person that I had even seen in a couple of years, but when I worked with him, I had really felt that we were friends. He was a happy, kind, respectful guy that would do anything to help. He worked as a transporter for the rad dept, but was the best at his job. He treated all of the patients with dignity and kindness. He was always ready with a big smile. He was beautiful inside and out. He loved his kids with all his heart and everything he did was for them. Like I said, I haven't seen him in a while, but I am broken hearted that this happened.

I will get through this. I don't have to like it though.

“For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!