× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Anxiolysis

More
11 years 6 months ago #69858 by CFMed
Hello everyone,

First, a word about the title of my journal. I heard this term while shadowing an anesthesiologist and I think it's just great. It refers to level 1 sedation but it's also what I strive for in keeping myself sane during this process.

Background info on me. 24 yrs old, currently studying for the MCATs (Aug 26 test date), BA in english lit who has spent the past two years as a post-bac student getting all her science credits done...)

I will be applying for medical school next June (2009) and HOPEFULLY matriculating Fall of 2010. It's a very exciting time because it felt like just applying was so far in the future when I first started this road. Now it's practically here!

I try to keep myself sane by running, cycling, and partaking in a flag football league with friends. Single at the moment but hopefully with all these new activities I'm doing someone worthwhile will come along. :boggled:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #69859 by CFMed
I just counted down "days to MCAT" on my calendar so I can cross them off as I go. As of today, it's 36.

I am feeling some renewed energy this morning. I went to the gym, ate some good breakfast, and am on my second cup of coffee... :D

On the agenda this morning:
•verbal passages (9)
•read O. Chem, do HW problems

More
11 years 4 months ago #69860 by CFMed
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted!

The MCAT is over!! I took it four days ago and while I do feel relieved I also feel really really anxious that I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I'm sure this is very normal, but it still sucks a lot.

Just a quick note as I'm off to work, but I'm going to try to post more from now on...it helps a lot with the stress...

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!