× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Clarity amongst the chaos--is it possible?

More
13 years 2 months ago #69880 by lillygirl
Hi. I am a 39 year old mother of three children ages 10, 9 and 6. The oldest a girl-- and two wild little boys :yes: . I am a Senior Undergrad-- I graduate next Dec with a degree in Psych. I have 6 finals next week and my children keep asking "when are we getting a Christmas Tree"? HA! :rotfl: I am tempted just to throw some lights and tinsel on the holly bushes that line the front right side of our house and call it a day--but I think the kids might not consider that to be a "real" christmas tree. DH and I have been a hectic life pretty much as long as I can remember. My first two children are only 12 months apart (almost to the day!)... Infertility treatments got us two for the price of one!!!! DH works overnight (everynight)--he's in the newspaper business as circulation manager--and then goes to the office during the day. I am in class usually from 8 (I drop the kids off in carpool then head to class). I get out in time to pick them up--I leave at 2-- they get out 2:30) so we have sort of perfected a juggling routine. A wrench was thrown into the schedule this semester because I am taking a night class as well from 5-8. So I am wondering if I have completely lost my mind because I am considering medical school on top of all this??? My age does not bother me-- although I have been told by well-meaning friends that they don't know how I surround myself with 19 and 20 year olds all day and not feel old. Just a state of mind in my opinion. Well--better go and get everyone to brush their teeth and put them to bed--mommy has to write a 7 page paper on "Does the perception of social class influence juvenile delinquency?". Yep--these are fun times....

I'll take a minute of wonderful over a lifetime of nothing special

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #69881 by lillygirl
As I sit at the computer, I look at the piles of laundry that are waiting to be put away. It constantly amazes me how five people can generate such a huge load dirty clothes :scratchchin: And to make it worse-- I think I only own 3 pairs of pants that I wear on a consistent basis! Don't even get me started about the state of my children's rooms! I just close the doors as I walk down the hall--it is my belief (at least during final exams) that if I don't see it--it does not exsist. Yes it is denial--but it gets me through my day. Yet another hellish week has passed--full of classes, kid's practices, and homework. I am hanging on until Dec 12--my last final--Physio. Right now I have an 89 average--no pressure right? I have had this Prof. before and her finals are insane!!!! Because I am a Senior--I have been through this hell week before and have stocked up on fast-fix meals, Lunchables for the kids lunches (usually a no-no because they tend to be junky--kids know when it's final week by their lunch boxes!), and plenty of rubberbands to pull my hair up because there is no time for beauty routines next week! Still no Christmas Tree-- maybe next weekend--if I have any sanity left. I cringe every time I hear a Christmas sale ad on tv....I feel stressed that I haven't bought ANYTHING yet..but I know that the stuff isn't going anywhere--and that's the intent of the ad--to make you feel like you are missing out if you aren't there at 7 am on Saturday to buy their stuff. I got two christmas cards in the mail today--beautiful family pictures--with angelic looking children and well-rested perfect parents with softly falling snow in the background....well-- I guess its time for me to get back to my reality--children with chocolate smeared faces--from the Halloween candy they have been sneaking behind my back--(this candy I swear must be multiplying!), the mounds of dirty and clean laundry which by now I am sure are intermingled, and the mound of dishes in the sink. THIS is the picture I should put on our card :rotfl:

More
13 years 2 months ago #69882 by lillygirl
well--I am almost at the end of my finals... I had two back to back today.....Only one more left--next Tuesday--physio... guess I know what I am doing this weekend! Still no Christmas tree yet. Even I am wondering when I am going to get rid of the pumpkins that are decorating the house....funny how I talk about how busy I am-- yet always find time for the internet :scratchchin: A friend took me out to lunch today ( and a margarita) because I had helped her do three of our study guides in one of our classes together. Really nice of her.... I really have to get on the Christmas shopping thing tho--with 3 kids I can't wait too much longer. No studying tonight--I am so weary that I just feel like curling up under the afghan and falling asleep while watching a mindless tv show (definitely something that requires NO thought!) ;)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!