× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Single mom of 2, med school diary

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #70287 by cardiacrn1
Anatomy is finally over. I had a 3 day vacation and fall semester has started. There is so much to do that right now I am still trying to figure out my schedule. I hope by the end of the week I will be knowing were I need to be without having to consult my schedule every hour. Its promising to be tough, but hey, I know I can do it. I went to a bible study tonight with a few other students and I really enjoyed it. It is very easy to put God in the back sit when you get very busy but its nice to know that there are others dedicated to putting God first no matter what. I met some really cool people and I am really excited to get to know them. Other than that, the kids are doing well, coming to see me Thursday for the long weekend. I last saw them yesterday but I miss them tons already. Anyhoo, its late, I should be sleeping since I have lecture at 8am. Goodnight everyone.
"The most rewarding things in life are often the ones that look like they can not be done" -Arnold Palmer-

Remember, the days are long but the years are short.- Elizabeth Cooperstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #70288 by cardiacrn1
Its been a while since I have posted. School has been busy, really busy. Two physiology exams down, three more to go. I have my second biochem exam tomorrow covering all the dreaded pathways and then will have my final in a couple of weeks and then the switch from biochem to genetics. Our program is structured such that histology and physiology are together, its brutal. I just hope I do really well on this biochem exam so that I am not stressed when its time for the final. My other classes are cool. I have an exam wed. in my doctor-patient relationship class and I love OMM, its awesome. Epidemiology starts in a little bit, a week, dont look forward to that. I am keeping up with my excersise regimen, keeps me sane during my most stressful times. I am cooking a lot too now (casseroles) and still making it a point to spend time with the kids every weekend. Our exams are most mondays so I usually have all day Sunday to prepare. The kids are healthy and happy and we are all kinda getting used to our setup. Oh well, more news next time.... After the biochem exam. Have a great week everyone and keep up the good work. Never give up on your dreams...

More
11 years 11 months ago #70289 by cardiacrn1
So, biochem really kicked my butt. I did ok though. I guess they were right when they said sometimes you will study your butt off and not get the results you expect, I really studied hard. Anyway, I need to learn to be content with passing and not always have to get an 'A'. After all we are pass/fail system and no honors. Anyway, enough mopping around, I have so much to get caught up on before tomorrow and I have a DPR exam Wednesday and my first simulated patient interview thursday. Kinda excited about that. Hope all are well..

More
11 years 11 months ago #70290 by cardiacrn1
I just took my biochem final exam today. I was going on two hours sleep and my brain was refusing to function well.. But Thank GOD I passed. I am so done with Biochem and its such a relief. On to Genetics now. Anyway, cant dilli dalli too long I have a physiology/histology exam on Thursday and have some catching up to do. God is good. Hope everyone has a great week...

More
11 years 10 months ago #70291 by cardiacrn1
Hope everyone is doing well. Physio exam went very well. My best score so far in all of my 4 months of med school. I am slightly caught up, but still have lots of studying. 6 more weeks till Christmas break; I can not wait. Off to studying genetics, I have a quiz Tuesday. May God be with everyone during this week.

More
11 years 10 months ago #70292 by cardiacrn1
I have not been feeling my best these past few days, but I am feeling much better now. Just had my pbj sandwich and I will be going to the gym since I haven't been there in 4 days. Just called my friend to see if he would go with me coz I hate going there by myself since there is mostly guys. I had two hours of genetics lecture today and then histology lab. I also had my information giving interview, I just viewed the dvd and thought I could have done a better job. I had to tell my patient that he had Diabetes Type II. I feel as though being a ccu nurse puts me at a disadvantage because I am used to doing things and presenting information a certain way.

I have a genetics exam on Monday and no classes tomorrow so, I will be studying all day before driving home. My kids are so excited about me coming home because we are going to chucky cheese and curious kids museam. Always fun. My three year old son called me yesterday and said, "Mom, I am getting ready to be very busy." So I asked him, "Busy doing what?" "Busy doing nothing." I laughed my heart out because I realize he has heard me say that a lot. I guess its amazing how we sometimes say things that dont make sense and we do not realize it until someone else says it. So currently I am busy doing nothing.

Sometimes its hard to keep motivated in med school especially when you feel as though you will never get caught up regardless of what you do. Its a relief that we don't have anatomy currently, next semester is promising to be brutal. This semester has not been too bad, I have had time to study, and even read the text books. So, off to the gym I go and then I have a genetics review from 7-830.. God bless everyone.

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Brian G. Jett

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!