× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Single mom of 2, med school diary

More
12 years 2 months ago #70281 by cardiacrn1
My brain is tired and I am ready to go to sleep. I slept at 3 am this morning and was up by 8am to study for tomorrow's exam. I went for a practice lab exam and did well, so I hope that means I know my stuff. I have a few areas that I needed to polish up on and that is done. For the lecture exam however, I do not feel as ready as I would want to be, I dont know if I can ever feel very ready. My two friends and I decided to take an hour and half break from studying and watched reruns of gray's anatomy. How awesome, I had missed the two episodes we watched so it was cool. I plan to retire early today so I can be refreshed tomorrow. For those of you who believe in prayer, please say a prayer for me for tomorrow's exam. My spirits were lifted today because I got to have a heart to heart talk with a friend of mine that I had not really talked to in a while. I am glad she is doing well and happy. God Bless everyone and I hope we all have a splendid week.

Remember, the days are long but the years are short.- Elizabeth Cooperstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #70282 by cardiacrn1
Exam day is over for me. It's official, I have taken my first medical school exam. Thanks to all who sent a prayer for me. I will find out my results in a couple of days. I felt that the lecture exam was better than the lab exam, I got to a few stops were I was not too sure what they were asking for. I hope I did well. It's such a big relief. My classmates are going out to drink and a few parties have been arranged, but since I do not drink and am not good with parties, I have decided to go and watch 'The Lake House'. I will let you know how it is for those who have not watched it yet. One exam down, 4 more to go; my final being on August 24th. I hope everyone had a great day. I am tired, maybe I will take a nap before I go to the celebration cinema.

More
12 years 2 months ago #70283 by cardiacrn1
Time flies when you are busy. I can not believe it's Thursday already. So; I did very well on both my lecture and lab exams. Did much better in lab than I expected, I was surprised at myself. Thanks again to all those who prayed for me. God has always and will always be faithful to me and its an encouraging thought everytime I feel discouraged. So I am above class average and I am very pleased. Well, I gotta go, I am rewarding myself with an episode of 'House' and some pineapple coconut Haagen-Daz ice cream that my friend Jojo bought me as soon as I finish my to do list which will be around 9pm (two practice tests and 2 lecture outlines). Gotta go

More
12 years 1 month ago #70284 by cardiacrn1
Rough day.. Just got home from exam #2, (abdomen and pelvis)... I came out of lecture wondering what the heck happened. It was very difficult to say the least. Lab; some questions I was not sure what they were asking but did my best. I could not remember (epiploic) for epiploic foramen and that threw me off, so for the rest of the exam I was trying to rack my brain to remember, it didnt help that it was my first station. I put down "lesser omentum foramen" so I would remember if I got time at the rest stop; and then right after I finished my last question it came to me. I was so relieved but I know that I spent way too much time stressing about it which was a detrement to my whole exam. I guess at that time it was more important to get that ONE right and miss the rest. :rolleyes:

When you are tired, your mind plays tricks on you. I was imagining myself getting to every station and not remembering the terms. A little dramatic, I know. I laughed to myself during the exam because I had been reviewing stuff with Sean on my way to the exam and I could not remember where the iliucus muscle was and he said to me, when in doubt, put iliucus. Guess what, it was iliucus. It seems as though "pudendal" has been every other word in terms of innervation and blood supply in the last two days and so when in doubt I put pudendal. I guess we shall see... I am exhausted. This past week and a half has been horrible. Averaging 3-4 hours of sleep a night and barely 2 last night since I was too anxious. I can not wait until this 61/2 weeks is over. So two exams down, 3 more to go. I might as well get started on Lower limb because we have an exam a week from today.

Thanks Dana for the well wishes, I hope you will settle in well with the kids. Moving is always tough, especially if you have to leave your support system behind.

Have a great weekend everyone. Until next time...

More
12 years 1 month ago #70285 by cardiacrn1
Time really flies when you are busy. Exam #2 did not go as bad as I thought. Passed with a little cushion so I was very glad. Exam #3 went very well and I just got my scores today. It was lower limb and I did way better than I thought, really boosted morale. So now we have started head and neck and it is promising to be very difficult. There is a lot of information already. I feel behind and it is only day #1. My exam will be next thursday and then we will have upper limb and be all done. Cant believe we are more than half way through. The kids are doing very well. The youth fair starts next week and so I will be going home to take them to the fair. It would be a sin if I did not go. Cant wait for August 24th when I am all done with gross anatomy. We get three whole days off and then fall starts. At least it will be minus gross. Anyhoooo, I really need to get going. I hope to update more often than I currently am. For my fellow comrades, hang in there; we can do it. May God bless you all through out the week.

More
12 years 1 month ago #70286 by cardiacrn1
Head and neck is over with. I really enjoyed it. Did well on my lecture exam and good on my lab exam, not as well as I would have liked. Upper limb is the last topic and next Thursday will be my upper limb exam. Less than one week before gross anatomy is over. This has been a crazy 61/2 weeks, never thought my brain was capable of learning stuff at such a fast pace. Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well. Until next time....

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!