× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Mercury- PreMed Mom to Be

More
13 years 7 months ago #70521 by Mercury
Hello to all

I am a premed student at ohio northern university. I am a first year senior. I have been married to my wonderful husband for two years. We are excited to announce that we are going to begin trying to conceve in two months.

More later :yes:

Live each moment as it was your last, life doesn't have a rewind button!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #70522 by Mercury
Well, I think that I have planned as much as possible and now I have going to force myself to stop thinking about the baby and focus on the mcat that is approaching in only 4wks. We want a baby so badly. I don't know that all of our family will respond all that well to us getting pregnant during this stage of my career, but we about don't care anymore. Sure we are poor, who cares we love each other and we feel that it is time to start our family. Being on the Depo shot for 6months has freaked me out about getting pregnant, but I just spoke with the OBGYN and she is optimistic about it all. I read on the net that lots of water and exercise and maybe even a sauna could help to remove the shot from my system. I am skeptial but who knows it is a good excuse to force me to do my daily jog. Anything that will bring us closer. If all goes as planned, hahaha, like that ever happens. We will start trying the end of oct and hopefully by the new year we are pregnant. Christmas is big in our families and it would be the perfect time to announce.

Anyways for now I must focus on the mcat. It is coming along okay. I had a reality check with my first practice full length, and it did me good. In the last two days I have gotten an amazing amount of studying done. And now that I have somewhat of a baby plan I feel better and my mind is clearer. I am currently on a study break.

I really hope to do well on the Aug Mcat so that I don't have to worry about it during the year, I can just worry about getting pregnant. I actually won't be applying until may 07 whether I have to retake or not, so i am blessed with extra time to work on PS etc.

My husband and I have been on a baby name kick. I want to have it narrowed down early on. We will probably not ask for opinions, since expecting couples never REALLY want them anyway. Right now we have been working with Jaxson and Jazmine. My husband's brothers and sister are all J names and in the begining I hated it, but these two names just kinda fell into place one day.

OKay breaks about over.

Until we meet againg, Mercury :goodvibes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #70523 by Mercury
Well, my newest stress is the question of whether I can be a good doc and a good mom. I have been reading all these stories about moms that make it work, but do I want to have to "make it work" I know these women are happy with their lives, but they all seem to be aware of the time they had to sacface family. I am coming to the realization that this is a choice. I have always wanted to be a doc, but more over I want to be a mom and wife. I know they can coexist, but I think I would be happier with a life that doesn't take so much of my time away from my family. I have felt these questions for a while and just now I am seeing that I don't HAVE to be a doctor. it is okay to change my mind.

Peace!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!