× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

My Heart's Desire

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #70855 by doctorjoy
I am suppose to be listening to a lecture but mind once again is on something else. So tomorrow it will all be over. We will hopefully know who will be the next president of the United States. I will be so happy. This seems like the longest campaign. After awhile it gets old and annoying. But Whomever becomes president, it will be an interesting next 4 years.

Well last week I was able to be there for the birth of my nephew. He is so little, but can eat He came out smacking his lips and drank one ounce of milk no more than twenty minutes after birth. He will probably grow pretty quick.

I am still riding this roller coaster. I may have to come back to this post later

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 day ago #70856 by doctorjoy
Well this term is finally over, and I am glad. I received my grade and I passed. :p I am glad that I did, but what bugs me is no one from administration has still contacted me about the whole situation and the other people who are repeating have had meetings with them. Not sure what the deal is. :eek: :confused: I really don't care because I really just want to get my grades and move on. My study plan seems to work for me and unless it is mandatory I will not be at school. I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I am more relaxed, I get to hang out with my non-medical school friends (even though the people I know are on rotations and I could care less about this present class)
This past weekend was a great one, especially Sunday. I did not get out the bed until about noon (which is unusual for me). I cooked and cleaned up the house, I basically vegetated and did not give thought to anything else but to what I wanted to do and it felt good. Well i won't make this a long ramble about nothing.

More
10 years 11 months ago #70857 by doctorjoy
Time feels like it is flying by. It is already December. I should be studying for a test on Monday, but my brain needs a break from studying for all the test I have already taken this week. School is school right now. I tried to study there this week and felt too distracted. A lot of different things have been on my mind lately. I have another Birthday in a few weeks and want to do something special. I really did not get to do anything on those special birthdays.. turning 16 (family was out of town and since it is right after christmas...) 21st (don't remember what I did, but I guess it was not that great..probably had to study for an exam) 30th (had to study) So for this next one I want to do something different. Looking at my class schedule I have a four day weekend and no test in site so I may be able to do something nice. Just something to look forward to.
I talked my college baby (lol) and she is enjoying her freedom and loving it. She had a weak moment like the first week, but since then she says she loves being independent (I guess now I can keep all my hair products, clothes and jewelry) I really don't have much else to say at the moment, I think sleep is trying to take over.. well tata for now

More
10 years 11 months ago #70858 by doctorjoy
I am sitting here at he computer trying to motivate myself to do something ( I have article due at midnight tomorrow, of course I need to study and really don't feel like it, some house cleaning needs to be done, i need to workout...blah blah..) but the real thing I guess on my mind is the lottery that is tomorrow, once again I have to go through this, I am not as worried this time, but really want to be able to stay here the majority of the time. If I get in a group of four that would great, I may go through the schedule again and choose a third option just in case. Not sure if I want to do the group leader thing, even though it would be nice for my record since it already has a large flaw on it. I think I may be depressed.. I have not worked out (well i think I injured myself last week and it carried over to this week for a couple of days, but I am better now, and have not gone to the gym, and my eating habits are horrible, all I want is junk food and do not want to cook a thing. I keep pushing a lot of things off and really am not doing what I should spiritually. I just feel off and need something to put me back on the wagon of life. sigh..... I feel like I am stuck in a wheel that keeps going around in its circle instead of taking detours and maybe going in a straight line. :p
oh well I guess that is my life at the moment and have to accept what is going on. I am really thinking of a change, Change would be nice, Change would be different, change would be change..... I am thinking out loud right now and rambling.

More
10 years 10 months ago #70859 by doctorjoy
Well I am officially on break from school. I passed another course and also got a B on one of my final exams that I took Friday. Not sure about another test though, I think I was just tired and could not focus so I do not expect a good grade on that test. I have set forth some goals for myself over the break. I am not taking a real break I guess. I am trying to stay ahead of the game so I can make sure that I pass all my classes with ease. I will see how it goes. I don't plan to study all day everyday. Well I really don't have much more to say right now. It is kind of early and think I want to go back and sleep for a while and then start something....

More
10 years 10 months ago #70860 by doctorjoy
Well I think studying has really gone out the window for this break. I have had fun and slept more than anything. More than that I have been trying to make sure that i do not get sick. But I have really enjoyed myself so far. A good friend got a Wii for Christmas and that thing is a lot of fun. I am not really a video game person, but the Wii is great.
I am really wish that this break would be a whole month.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!