× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

My Heart's Desire

More
14 years 3 months ago #70729 by doctorjoy
LEt me pick my story up again. :wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #70730 by doctorjoy
I have not been to this site in over a month. :p I took the time to really buckle down on my MCAT studies. I am so glad that the test is finally over. Now it is back into the routine of teaching. My heart is really not into all of it. The only class I know I will enjoy is teaching Mammalian Anatomy. My biggest concern this semester is having time to do everything that I need to do. My boys are here for the school year and they do keep me busy. The middle one (14 years old) plays football. In my opinion he is the best on the team. :wave:

More
13 years 11 months ago #70731 by doctorjoy
It has been sometime since I have visited this site. I have really fallen off with writing my diary. So much has happened in the last two to three months. The magical day of MCAT scores coming out has passed. I am pretty happy with my score. I could have done a lot better if I had actually buckled down like I was supposed to. But I think it is enough for me to get into the schools of my choice. I am really looking forward to applying to osteopathic medicine. My biggest concern is my family. The boys are doing well in school and getting adjusted to living with me. But by the time they get totally comfortable, it will be time to move and they will have to start the process all over again. I am trying not to worry about how things will workout in the end, but it is hard. :confused:
Things have not been that great at my job. Each day I get closer and closer to just quitting. It is not because of the students, but the faculty whom I work with. I guess it is good to experience hardhsips becuase you are to learn from them, but when it constant and unnecessary it becomes frustrating. :mad:
I am just babbling right now because I have a lot on mind......... :wave:

More
13 years 8 months ago #70732 by doctorjoy
Well I have not been as diligent as I would like in writing. A lot has happened to me since my last entry. A quick update. My sweetheart and I have separated. :wave:

More
13 years 8 months ago #70733 by doctorjoy
Sometimes when you fall and can't get up you just have to look up to find your help. Trying to go to medical school is a roller coaster of emotion. One minute you are worried that this is not right for you (see last post); the next interviews start rolling in one after the other. After doing my last post I received 3 emails about interviews for school YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :banghead: I can not wait for when my contract is up because I have to go. :mad:

More
13 years 7 months ago #70734 by doctorjoy
Everyday it is something new. Something to make you go crazy. I am not sure what it is. Maybe I am being tested to see how calm I can be when crazy people do the wrong thngs. I guess you can not always put your trust in people. Need to learn to go with the punches. Dip duck step back and make sure like Muhammad Ali I can say "I am the greatest" because I have overcome the things being thrown at me. :mad: :mad: I just pray and hope that my journey through my current place of employment ends soon. I must get into school :wave:

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!