× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Diary of a Med Student

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #73862 by sunshine217
Finished by draft of my CV, met with one of the associate directors today to let him evaluate it....just finished the suggested revisions...so, now I'm set to give a copy to those I'm asking for LOR! yay!
(btw, it's two pages...I know it's technically suppose to be one...but there was no way it was going to be one page-possibly one a one-third...so, I just put everything and made it a full two pages. My associate director didn't seem to think it was a problem)
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #73983 by sunshine217
I'm pregnant!!!

More
8 years 1 month ago #74225 by sunshine217
Ok, so it's been a few weeks....this is my last week of sub-specialty surgery-I'm doing plastics currently...it's cool but the surgeries are long. I'm so tired when I get home after my 12 hour day. For the last few days, I keep getting nausea when I'm in the OR...I just try not to think about it-there's no point in leaving the OR because I'd still have to come back-and I'd still be nauseous when I got back. My attending is very nice, but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy about the student skipping surgery-there would be no one to hold the skin/fat/retractor, lol. Anyway, 6 weeks left! I start general surgery Monday.

Oh, yeah, I've defiantly ruled out surgery as a career for me!

In more exciting news....my first OB appt is Friday! I'll be approximately 8 weeks so hopefully I'll get an U/S! I can't wait!!! I'm so excited! I just want to see him/her on the U/S, hear my babys heart beat? Then, it will be real...

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #74603 by sunshine217
two weeks left of surgery...then the exam...I sure hope it's easier than people say. How do they expect students to study after a 14-16 hr day? I don't understand. General surgery is crazy. I get there at 5am and leave at 7-9pm-and this happens M-F plus the weekend if it's your weekend to work. Anyone who does surgery must REALLY love it...

Had my second OB appt! 8 weeks till I find out the sex of my baby...I just can't wait! HR=160 and everything looks good so far :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #75198 by sunshine217
Just an update....

Baby is officially 19 weeks old today! And about the size of a mango apparently. Last OB appt was July 1st and everything looked good. I had gained 2.8 pounds that month (right on target!). Heart Rate in the 150's and strong :) And the best news is we are having the gender ultrasound in two weeks.....and then we'll know whether we should be buying pink or blue! I guess that's really all there is to say!

Other than that, studying for step 2....blah. Glad to be getting it out of the way though!

More
7 years 10 months ago #75421 by sunshine217
It's a boy!!!!! yay! With his high heart rate I was totally surprised...I guess it really is old wives tales. We are so excited! My MIL sent us a doctor outfit onesie to open on U/S day...how perfect!

And on that note, I did no studying yesterday!!! Ahhh, my step 2 is tomorrow, wish me luck and say a prayer-I can't wait for this to be over :)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!