× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Children during medical school

More
9 years 11 months ago #71764 by nontrad student
Dear All,

I am a non traditional student thinking about medical school. I am contemplating both medical school and midwifery school. After getting a degree in Romance languages and living in France for 5 years I pursued a Masters in Humanitarian Assistance.

Needless to say I am returning to school to try to continue down the path of international health and public health and am wondering about the pros and cons of medical school vs. midwifery. This being said, I will be 28 before starting either program and would like to have kids before I am too late into my 30's. I realize that it is possible and do-able to have kids during medical school... but what I want to know is how much time you can spend. I am a firm believer that parents should spent time with their kids and I do not know if I am willing to to sacrifice 10 years of schooling to not have the possibility to enjoy and watch my kids grow.

I would be very appreciative for any thoughts or comments. Thanks to all in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #71784 by residentmom
you posted this in the blog section- you may want to ask the mods to move it to general. :)

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!