× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Med Student Mumblings

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #79350 by CFMed
Good morning all! I have been perusing these boards for the last few years, enjoying the inspiration and conversation of all the impressive women on here and never felt quite ready to get my own blog going...well that changes today.

I am currently an MS1, actually only 8 weeks away from wrapping up this year and enjoying a luxuriating 9 weeks off for the "last summer," and then diving into my second year of med school.

I'm not quite sure where to begin as it's been quite a wild ride so far. I feel really lucky that I love my school, my classmates, and even more courses so far, though of course there have been some trying (and sleep-deprived) nights and weekends. Still, I feel like I get more rather than less excited as the weeks roll by.

I hope to use this blog primarily as a place to reflect and process experiences that I have as a medical student, which often seem so far from what non-medical types might go through. I think it will really help me keep that sense of excitement, and maybe help with the sanity factor too. :)

Off to study inflammation....immunology starts next week, can't wait.

:)
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #79666 by CFMed
Good morning all! Well I just wrapped up immunology (phew, that flew by) and now we're diving into the biggest block of the current course: microbiology. This fills me with both excitement and fear. So far it's very interesting (although talk of all these perilous little critters that I can't see is quite unnerving) but I know it's going to move fast and I need to stay on it. Nevertheless I'm excited and can't quite believe that I have only five weeks left of first year, woohoo!

Topic of the day is viruses. Here we go... :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!