× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Not that I want to start my first entry this way..

More
7 years 3 months ago #81428 by clee03m
I am 12 weeks pregnant with a 17 month old boy at home. Today is the first day of my vacation, and I have the worst sort of a head cold or allergies. I started to sneeze so hard that pee started to dribble down my legs. Then as I was sitting on the toilet to try to empty my bladder, I sneezed again and a big ball of snot landed on my thigh. I feel beyond gross.

And then my husband started giving me shit because he hasn't had any time to himself all day. Seriously? My nose is so raw from blowing my nose that I am having to blow my nose into my hands and wash them. Oh, did I mention I have the worst kind of morning sickness and exhaustion? I am so miserable.

Ok. Not the worst kind of morning sickness. I am not hospitalized or anything. Just very nauseated all day punctuated by waves of very intense nausea and gagging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #81431 by clee03m
I have discovered that if I lean forward, the nose just drains without having to blow my nose. This is so gross.

More
7 years 3 months ago #81486 by Physicienne
The best thing in the world for me is my Netti-Pot. Helps to keep all that junk out of the nose without meds.

I was not a happy camper when I was pregnant. I had morning sickness that lasted all day for the first trimester, and then I was tired the rest of the time. My husband was never home, and when he was, he was not available. What saved me was hiring neighborhood teens and college kids to come over for a few hours and play with my older ones so I could take a nap. Those teens were more like older sibs to my kids and the kids loved having them over to play. Naturally, I picked kids who were mature, responsible, and able to handle toddlers, and I was also on hand in the house. As these kids got older- along with my own kids- they were the best babysitters if I needed to go out.

For outings, I would bring along a neighborhood pre-teen. They were still young enough to enjoy a free trip to the zoo or a kid movie, and they loved having some pocket money as well. So nice to have an extra set of hands for potty breaks and meals, or to just run after them at the park when I got too big to run fast.

Hope you feel better :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #81584 by clee03m
Sorry for the whine fest up there! I recovered from the head cold fully and went on a great vacation. My son is getting to be so fun to travel with! He is positively obsessed with trucks and while we were driving, he learned the signs for big and small by comparing industrial trucks vs. pick up trucks.

BTW, my husband and I are very liberal, and we are very gender neutral with my son. He has a kitchen set, a pink baby doll, baby crib, and even a pink doll strollar along with cars, train set, blocks, and duplos. Funny thing is that he is totally obsessed with cars, trains, buses and trucks. He does like his pink strollar, but mainly because he gets to crash it into the walls.

I am a rock climber, and last weekend I went to Squamish in British Columbia for some climbing. I had been feeling so tired for the first trimester, and I was so happy that I finally felt relatively normal and climbed well. For those of you horrified, don't worry. I am not leading anymore which means I am not risking falling. I don't seem to be as lucky with nausea. I am into my second trimester, and nausea seems to getting worse and not better. And with food aversion, I am having a hard time eating. I have only gained 3 lbs so far... Last pregnacy I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and I had such a hard time gaining weight because of diet restrictions. I have an appointment in a few weeks, so I will see if my doctor is OK with my very slight weight gain. I hope that I am not diabetic again. That was aweful. I am such a carb fiend.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #81597 by megboo
Ahh! You gave me your head cold LOL

WTG on your weight gain, that's an accomplishment! I've put on 13 pounds over these 25 weeks, and I need to hold it. I was a little thick to begin with and baby will literally be ok if I don't gain anymore. And, I'd like it to not be such a burden to get rid of after!!

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago #81604 by southernmd
None of you people with your weight gains should worry here. I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy last year. I have lost 47, so I don't have much to go, but you will be fine.

Congrats Clee on being so active while expecting! That's incredible, and I should have totally done that! I'm a runner, and I wish I had kept up when I was pregnant. Would make all this weight losing easier now!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!