× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Not that I want to start my first entry this way..

More
5 years 10 months ago #92094 by clee03m
People say I should live my life as if it were my last day. So we can see clearly what is important. So we don't miss out on the most important things in life. But as I sat in the lego cage (yes we have one) building a cement truck with my 3 year old and watching my one year old play drums and dancing on the coffee table, I decided that I will not and should not live like it is my last day. If I had one day to live, I woudn't work. I wouldn't discipline my kids because how they remember me today would be so much more important than setting limits and teaching them to be functioning members of society. I would have stopped building the cement truck because it would have broken my heart to miss yet another spectacular performance by my little one. And as a result missed my older son's beaming smile at our finished product. I wouldn't feel right about taking a nap. I woudn't feel right about taking time to exercise or see friends. Because all those important things in life that allows me to have balance has no room on the final day of my life. So no thank you. I will not live my life like it is my last day. I will live it like it is just a day. Another glorious day full of love for my kids, love for my husband, love for my friends, and love for myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #92098 by clee03m
Good to know I am not supposed to keep having kids indefinitely just because I feel this way. sarahbessey.com/learning-live-ache/

More
5 years 10 months ago #92126 by clee03m
Wow, there is actually a bookclub drama in my moms group. Those of us who are sick of reading yet another parenting book trying to branch out. What is kind of sad is that I have read them all to the point where I am starting to recognize this or that study by the investigator's names. Yup, time to branch out and read some non-parenting books.

Yes, you start to attend these things when you start working part time.

More
5 years 9 months ago #92303 by clee03m
It's a boy!!!!! Whoa, this new DNA test. Find out sex at 12 weeks. Find out with astounding accuracy with regards to aneuploidy without an amino. Wild. I know, I know, I wanted a girl. But I am starting to get really excited about 3 boys. They are going to eat me out of the house!!!

More
5 years 8 months ago #92623 by clee03m
With trying to balance climbing with motherhood, one area of climbing that got cut was working on a route so hard that you memorize every move, having it consume so much of your thoughts, seeing the crux when you close your eyes at night, and dreaming about the route in your sleep. That was sport climbing for me. And I miss it. Soon enough, I am sure I will be projecting something again. Hopefully before the kids are in college :)

I might want to add I feel a little weird I don't feel this way about medicine. What can I say? Climbing is my passion. Probably only next to motherhood, if you can call motherhood a passion. Medicine is a rewarding job I really enjoy.

More
5 years 8 months ago #92629 by clee03m
My C who just turned 2 last month cuddles up to me this morning and whispers with a smile, "I've got nipples."

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!