× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Not that I want to start my first entry this way..

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #95106 by clee03m
With my mom cooking all the meals, cleaning, folding laundry, and watching the baby, with my MIL always available to watch the older kids, with my husband taking same amount of paternity leave, I am absolutely overwhelmed. Laundry is backed up, the house is a mess, kids are bouncing off the wall. And I watched all 3 boys for the first time ever for about 4 hours, and I was not handling it well. Holy cow. I only have two arms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #95121 by clee03m
Some dude just made me feed my baby in the bathroom. At first, I protested. Surely, in 2014 no woman should have to feed her baby in the bathroom. Feeding a baby in the bathroom is gross. Why would anyone want to eat in the bathroom. Legally you can't make me. But he was so persistent, I gave in.

Dude's name is F, and he is only 11 lbs.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
5 years 1 week ago #95153 by clee03m
Wow, I am so exhausted. Baby wakes me up at night and wants to party. After I am wide awake, he goes back to sleep. Then I have insomnia. I cosleep. This is not supposed to be this hard. I am in a constant haze of exhaustion punctuated by period of such intense exhaustion I feel like I am going to die. I have the postpartum blues, but who feels like all unicorns and sunshine with so little sleep? My mom goes home Wednesday. I go back to work in 2 weeks. Yes, I am going to use OMG with periods in between. O.M.G.

BTW, don't worry. I don't want to kill myself or the baby. Postpartum blues and not depression. Occasionally I do want to kill my husband or my dog though.

More
5 years 1 day ago #95182 by clee03m
I go back to work in a week. It feels so unnatural to leave my little baby and be apart. I am so exhausted, but I hesitate to ask my MIL to watche the kids while I take a break because I know I won't see them as much as I would like in a week. My house looks like a war zone. I actually started to wonder at what point do people get sick from the disgusting conditions of a house. At 4 in the morning, instead of sleeping, I am sitting here staring at my sleeping baby. Oh yeah, him and pretty baby wraps for sale on line LOL

More
4 years 11 months ago #95317 by clee03m
Just got the word I am working Thursday which I was hoping to get off. They are threatening to possibly making me work Friday as well which is my usual day off. I am on call this weekend. Older kids are going to bed around 7:30. I am on call tonight. Work meeting tomorrow night (at least I am bringing my baby to this). And I am not producing as much milk today. I actually yelled at my husband who was up at 3 in the morning last night washing dishes because it was making the dog whimper which woke me up. I am not seeing my kids enough, and my house looks like a war zone. That is all.

More
4 years 11 months ago #95318 by clee03m
"Dr. Clee0, for your privacy, you can use the shower room. There is a bench and everything. That is what the gals who are pumping are doing." As opposed to pumping in a female locker room. Thanks, lady. And when I need advise on where to pump on my third go around, I will be sure to look you up. I don't have any problems with pumping in a female locker room. If you feel uncomfortable, I suggest you sit the the shower room. Thanks.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!