× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

All is good

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #90502 by momofalmosttwins
Things are slow and steady. Started review and questions for upcoming STEP2.
Read about Rosalind Franklin's contribution to molecular biology, the unsung scientist. Admire "google" for reminding the world about her.

Children just left for summer school. I packed their sack lunch for a party and a movie they are going to. My child who is in preschool has recently started to draw figures of our family. Today she made her pic with her sibling and toys. There was substantial scribble above their faces in the picture which she explained as her and her sibling's CURLY hair. :)
Back to my books now.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #90514 by momofalmosttwins
Slow and steady learning continues.
In times of prep for steps once in a while pessimism over powers our sanity and our inertia inhibits us from taking the first step. In one such moment yesterday, I came across a video of TEDx Berkley talk.. the message was "Just Do It" one thing at a time with small steps. I slept over that message and woke up to revisit the topics that I hesitate to deal with.
Children visited a museum and told me all about butterflies they held and planets they saw. It was a mentally stimulating Saturday morning for them and now time to rest.

More
6 years 3 months ago #90609 by momofalmosttwins
Done with Step 2. Was exhausted the next day but went back to my clinical rotation the very next day. In the past few days I have consciously tried to relax. I spent a restful evening with my children and then watched TITANIC. I could appreciate the art of the presentation of subtle nuances of evolving relationship in the midst of a historic debacle. Further, the following scene struck me : under a colossal starry and silent night sky, in the vast ocean a tiny half-afloat ship with miniscule beings struggling to hold on to their lives. To me the scene underscores our imperceptible existence in comparison to the vast universe.
Time to sleep now. Have a good one you all.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!