× Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries

Orange Rhino 365 days

More
4 years 5 months ago #92596 by clee03m
3/24 another perfect day. It was a rough week, but I ended on a good note. Here is to a calm, controlled week!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #92624 by clee03m
Week 4
3/25 I would say perfect except my husband felt attacked in our conversation. Must work on not being pushy.
3/26 perfect day. Wow, I can't believe it is week 4 already. I have not lost my temper with the kids for nearly a month. I am really proud of my self.
3/27 another perfect day.
3/28 level 1.5 with kids? I was tired and grouchy and started to get snappy with T and stopped myself and apologized. So better than a full 2, right? Perfect day with hubby. I am getting nervous. Could I have a perfect week?!
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

More
4 years 5 months ago #92631 by clee03m
3/29 perfect day with kids. Kind of had an intense conversation with hubby. Never yelled at him, but I told him we are not going to agree and walked away and started to cry. I was also angry with him about this issue for about 6 hours in which I wanted to wait until I was calm. Actually I thought maybe I should let it go, but I seemed not to be able to do that. In the mean time, I kind of slammed duplos into the box because I was mad at hubby. So, what level 2.5? I sometimes want to strangle my husband. Grrrr. I am still mad. How to let this anger go? I don't know. I don't want to be stewing and taking it out on duplos. I mean what kind of example am I setting? I hate my husband right now though. Really really hate him. Sigh.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #92660 by clee03m
3/30 perfect day
3/31 Perfect day. Truth is, I am on call, and I got home after kids were asleep. My husband and I hung out while I gorged, and I passed out. But still a perfect day.

Week 5
4/1 Perfect day. Feeling so contented and happy
4/2 Snappy with hubby. Why is it so hard with hubby?!
4/3 Snappy with hubby. Snappy once with kid. Need to sleep more. Entire month of Orange Rhino is complete. I have made progress. So proud. I am going to be a calm mother. My children will learn from example how to appropriately handle anger. I am breaking the cycle. And it has helped my marriage. How motherhood makes me strive to be a better person. I need to keep that gift my children bring to me.
4/4 perfect day. I am having more and more perfect days :)

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #92681 by clee03m
4/5 Perfect day
4/6 Perfect day
4/7 Perfect day
Wow. I think I am actually changing.

Week 6
4/8 Perfect day. Today, my husband and I had a heated debate about the financial institution meaning this was not a fight at all. Neither of us raised our voices or get mad, but it was an intense conversation. My 2 year old brought his elephant puppet and told us the elephant puppet was bothered by our talk. This is a major improvement. Before, my kids thought us yelling was pretty much the norm. Now, they are not even sure about our debates when we are both very calm! I feel really good about this. How they are getting used to the peaceful ways in such a short amount of time. Now, if only I could get my husband to stop yelling at the kids :(
4/9 perfect day. But I did get into a power struggle with my 2 year old and was not very nice. Totally inflexible. So I guess it is possible to be mean to my kids in my perfectly calm voice. I was so frustrated with the state of the house and was getting mad at him for not going to sleep. I wish I could be Ok with a messy house, but it really really bugs me!!

More
4 years 5 months ago #92715 by clee03m
I am officially stopping the daily updates. I will post only if have reached level 3. I hear habits form in 6 weeks. Well, I no longer yell or rage. I am so proud of myself. I love and appreciate my kids for motivating me to be a better person.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!