× Women Physicians

H1N1 Vaccine Poll

More
9 years 11 months ago #71834 by kpzr/9145
An addendum: one of my sons caught the darn thing when I brought him in to the office for the shot. So I figured I better get the second son the shot quickly, brought it home for him (not taking him in to that infested place!) and sure enough, just two hours after getting the shot, he says "my legs really hurt and I have a headache" and puts his head down on the dinner table and starts with that dry, repetitive cough. Arghhhhh!

kpzr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #71835 by SAHMdoc
Just curious: has anyone heard of a thimerosal-free version of the H1N1 injection yet? I have an appointment to have my 4 yo vaccinated on Wednesday...he has a hx of asthma, so I know he is high-risk...at the same time, I would MUCH prefer a thimerosal-free version, but, alas, none to be had in our town! I know what the literature says about the relative safety of thimerosal, etc., but my personal comfort level just isn't there yet.

More
9 years 11 months ago #71836 by SAHMdoc
kpzr- Yikes, that IS scary! That's exactly what I worry about...that he might catch the disease when he goes in for the shot! That's part of the reason I'm hesitant to go (well, that and the thimerosal.) Hope your boys are feeling better!

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #71837 by residentmom
The supply is completely state dependent. Some states have widespread supply, some are still limited. Mine is giving it to almost no-one. Private offices can't even get any. My oldest son had the disease, and if we hadn't happened to be in the doctor's office when his temp spiked I wouldn't have even had him checked- all he had was a HA and a temp of 103 for 3 days. Never coughed once. Positive in office.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #71910 by Administrator
Hello,

In order to build our resource for people asking questions about the H1N1 vaccine, we would like to survey specifically physicians (house staff or attendings) about their attitudes toward the H1N1 vaccine.

We will release the full results of the poll in 1 week.

Thanks!

Physicians only please on this one.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

More
9 years 11 months ago #71911 by Administrator
Please vote in the Physician H1N1 Vaccine Poll .

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!