× Women Physicians

Possible to return after being SAHM for years?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76303 by Dr.I
Oh, thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76304 by Dr.I
I even tried at the VA, saying I would work for free for a year if they would re-train/supervise me. The director said OK, but then I could not fulfill the online application requirement of references within the past 4 years - even to volunteer. Also interviewed with a group doing bio-identical hormones, supplements, exercise & nutrition at their outlying clinic where they really needed Dr.'s and they train Dr.'s for 6 weeks and was not offered the position.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76305 by Dr.I
The only other thing a friend of mine is doing is cosmetic procedures, but its pricey getting trained, unless you are in a position to buy the equiptment, in which case they train you for free how to use it (lasers, etc.) or you find a clinic desperate for Dr.'s who will train you Like maybe in Alaska - ha!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76308 by Itoh
I know there are reentry program for physician. I know one in Cedars Sinai Hospital and another one in Drexel in Philadelphia.
I am not sure of the details including the cost. But I think I am heading that way.
I am also desperately needing to study for my board exam which is coming up again...(10 years pass by so fast)

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76309 by Itoh
i see the biggest prob as getting the required reference letters for any hospital priviledges..

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76313 by rlbobg
One difficulty I have come up against is getting hospital privileges when having been out of the field for awhile....there is NOTHING in place to "reacquire" skills.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!