× Women Physicians

Practicing when the kids get older?

More
8 years 3 months ago #79227 by Docmomof4
KPZR-my oldest is 8 but I see it coming-I think the after school stuff becomes really busy as they get older. I am always saying, the youngest ones need me home in the morning, and the older ones need me home after schooL! My ideal job would be like 11-3 every day LOL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #79366 by kpzr/9145
It is definitely easier now, tonight I got to go for a nice long walk by myself because my oldest was at baseball practice and my youngest was at a friend's house. I still resent having my family life interrupted by call but overall it is 100 percent easier now. I don't think I would work more hours just for the enrichment aspect of it but I was thinking more of going for my MPH...unfortunately, Public Health is the one area that probably makes even less than Pediatrics...oh well, I wasn't in this for the money anyway!

kpzr

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80431 by TexasRose
I know this is a belated reply, but I've been away from the board for a while.

My kids are all teens, all headed to high school in the fall. And yes, teenagers take more time than those wonderful middle years. They have more activities that take them further from home, more complex school needs (try helping your kids with AP Physics if that wasn't your strength...), more social lives and then there's the emotional roller-coasters. Getting a driver's license for my daughter was a huge commitment for us since there's so many hours of required observed driving time that the parents have to do in TX.

And then there's just the worries when you are no longer 100% in control of where they go and who they see...

They are more independent, but can still need you at a moment's notice. Like when the car doesn't start while she's out running an errand for you ;).

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80468 by kpzr/9145
Texas thanks for posting! Yes I can see it coming, it is so nice a lot of the time when they are at friends' houses etc but as soon as they come home they need you right away! I am so happy to see them growing up, becoming their own people.

kpzr

More
7 years 11 months ago #81112 by Itoh
I am having a hard time going back to work after 3 years of being SAHM. All because of paperworks...Now I am thinking of going to one of those physician reentry program..Not cheap at all..Wonder who can afford it..
Sorry..I am just ranting...

More
7 years 11 months ago #81214 by Docmomof4
Texas, oh gosh, the homework is going to kill me! At least DH and I have a good division-he is an engineer, so he will take Physics and Calculus, I was a bio major so I've got that and English/languages. We'll split Chemistry. LOL!

So, basically, we can work more once they hit college and we need the money for tuition anyway. Hmm, not good for me since there is an 8 year age difference between the oldest and the youngest!! After having the summer off for maternity leave I was tongue in cheek considering locums-work during the school year and take the summer off!!!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!