× Women Physicians

catching a thief

More
8 years 4 months ago #80303 by rydys
I have a small office--3 front desk staff (all part time) and 1 MA. We have a cash box at the front desk where we keep the copays. When it builds up, I deposit it.

For a while, I have had the impression that there was not as much money there as there should be, but I did not really check regularly.

I recently started paying more attention and noted that it is definitely disappearing. For example, last Thursday afternoon, there was $140 in the box. I checked again Sunday night and there was $40. Tonight there was no cash in there at all.

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. If I mention it to my staff, I'm sure it will stop. However, I'd really prefer to catch whoever it is and get rid of them.

One front desk person is only there alone once a week, and does not sit next to the drawer with the box. The other two are often alone at the desk for periods of time and the drawer with the cash box is between them and the wall.

Any ideas how I can catch the person?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #80304 by AnnaM
What are the laws regarding hidden cameras in NY? Probably the only way you will catch the thief.

More
8 years 4 months ago #80429 by Popcorn
There has been much discussion at Sermo regarding office embezzlement, and it apparently happens a lot. They may have better ideas.

That sucks,
D

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!