× Women Physicians

Functional ER fashion

More
6 years 11 months ago #86821 by MTaylor
Fanny pack might be okay (although you'll end up looking *more* like a nurse). Tongue depressors/q-tips fit into your back pocket. Lidocaine and an insufflator? Really? lol. Are the gloves hard to reach in the room? As a patient, I would prefer to see the doctor don fresh gloves rather than grab a grubby pair from her fanny-pak.

Sounds like you spend too much time in the room (Pharmacopeia looking up drugs?)...

...of course I'm saying this as an "old" ER doc who finds this super cute :)

I don't understand what you're carrying around :)

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #86828 by mohm
What about the Patagonia Atom Sling Pack and scrubs?

More
6 years 11 months ago #86831 by Popcorn
I pared things down considerably while in residency. I carry 1 pen, my ID badge and a tube of chapstick, my iphone/peripheral brain in a holster on my scrub pants, and my patient list/notepad. Stethoscope around neck. That's it. Anything else should be in the rooms or on a wall nearby. And if I don't have it, I yell. (My nurses are pretty good, although once I delivered a baby in the parking lot and the gloves took awhile to arrive)

I do wear a coat now - partly because the ED is so damned cold, and partly to distinguish me as the doctor, but I don't really use the pockets.

Oh wait, I do keep an emergency granola bar in one. But that's about it.

More
6 years 11 months ago #86843 by clee03m
How about scrub jackets? They fit better and have large pockets. Patients think I am a nurse even often even if I am wearing a white coat and introduce myself as Dr. Clee. Or used to often. Seems more rare now. Either I am looking old or my patients are evolving.

More
6 years 11 months ago #86850 by lyn2006
Although you might get mistaken for a nurse quite a bit if you wear a scrub jacket... I do that sometimes and my co-residents tell me that I look like a nurse since they are mostly the ones who wear the jackets.

More
6 years 11 months ago #86874 by residentmamamd
FANNY PACK!!!!!!!

(just kidding, please don't)

“Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough. Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich enough. Socially responsible enough. When you have self-respect, you have enough.”<br />Gail Sheehy

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!