× Women Physicians

Leaving medicine?

More
7 years 1 month ago #87356 by CMR

efex101 wrote: Have you guys thought about working for the "coding" EMR folks? (the ones that look through charts to determine if patient is appropriate inpatient versus observation?

That's a great option for a non-clinical position. I also have a public health degree, so I've considered that field as well. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #87365 by efex101
awesome good luck! once I am fed up with clinical work (getting there already) will for sure look into that

More
6 years 9 months ago #88666 by Definy
Good luck from my side. I hope that you will do better work in future. Good to read thee posts.

More
6 years 9 months ago #88671 by niash
This is too bad, talented, well trained women leaving the practice. I am learning by reading posts like this. I am not sure if I want to be an employee of a hospital system. I thinking about doing locum work even at the cost of losing continuity. I have a life to live and I have many interests outside of work.

More
6 years 9 months ago #88827 by OnExtendedLeave
To look at these transitions positively, there is also a need for talented, well-trained women in biomedical research, healthcare administration, medical technology, etc. I love my (non-clinical) job and am SO thankful daily to have such a fortunate family/career balance. I initially felt working clinically 2 days per week gave me that balance, but I really didn't like being gone from the kids for 12-14 hours at a time and I didn't like the inflexibility of the ED scheduling such that I couldn't attend events at school, etc., that weren't posted > 3 months in advance.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!