× Women Physicians

Please help... I'm running out of time

More
6 years 1 month ago #90886 by orionarmmomdoc
My experience (and I might well be an expert on this one), is that seeking a relocation is a slippery slope with both the courts and the ex. I, like you, had 90% of the responsibility of child rearing.

I gave up an MSTP funded MD-PhD program because my child's father filed a restraining order preventing me from removing my son from the state after actually encouraging me to accept the out of state position. Had a huge custody battle that I eventually won. Fast forward 5 years (re-applied to med school and finishing the program) and match for residency in another city. My child's father waged another even more aggressive custody battle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #91375 by Cabinbuilder
Are you trying to find a job on your own or are you using a recruiter? I personally love recruiters because if you have a good one they work their butts off to find the perfect job for you and it's no cost to you.

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
5 years 10 months ago #91380 by clee03m
Lot of groups won't talk to the recruiters though. Costs too much.

More
5 years 10 months ago #91387 by nerdy
Can you do locum work? Can your mentors create a part time/per diem type job at your home institution while you wait for something more permanent?

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!