× Women Physicians

part time surgeon

More
6 years 3 months ago #89871 by ellie
Hi there
I have been working as a part time orthopaedist for the last 3 years and things have been fabulous, except for some apparent jealousy from some in the community that are a bit old fashioned and "don't think it can be done" (even though it has worked out just fine and my patients are happy). And now, this position is being taken away from me.
Has anyone else had an experience with this set up? I am a mom of a young child and the person I have shared practice with is close to retirement. Are there some areas of the country that are more willing to help this model work?
Thanks for your feedback. My heart is breaking to think that I have to chose one over the other (job vs being a mom).
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #89874 by sahmd
I don't have any experience with it, but could you find someone else to job-share with?

More
6 years 3 months ago #89876 by ellie
Hey
THe problem here is that I am an employee of the hospital and they are completely removing the possibility of being part time as an employee. I will keep my eye out and look for something elsewhere...
THanks Sahmd!

More
6 years 3 months ago #89934 by clee03m
You are not choosing between job vs being a mom. You are choosing between part time and full time work. You will be a mom regardless.

I am sorry you are going through this. Good luck with your search.

More
6 years 3 months ago #89981 by ellie
Thanks, Clee. Agreed.

More
6 years 3 months ago #90011 by flustrated
Can you do after hours call for a private orthopedist? The key to this arrangement would be to keep your operative skills up, I would think.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!