× Women Physicians

Making my move, slowly...

More
6 years 1 week ago #91315 by becco
You know what, I can't believe that I did not consider this. There is a program near me! I am definitely going to apply. I am so excited about this new possibility! Thanks to all of you!!!
becco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #91317 by DinBin
Great! I myself am a fourth year medical student with interests in epidemiology and think it would be cool to work for CDC, DOH, Federal Gov one day. I'm applying to IM programs right now but seriously considering making the jump after intern year to Preventive Medicine. I'm a little hesitant to give up a clinical career but will see how I feel about the whole clinical trajectory after intern year. Good luck!

More
5 years 11 months ago #91428 by becco
It appears that is is acceptable to apply to these programs after completing a residency. Is that usually the case? I have always thought it was tricky to get into a second residency. I hope that will not work against me.

More
5 years 11 months ago #91460 by trixmd
It won't work against you. Of the 6 residents in my PM class, two were trained in family medicine, one was IM/heme onc, and one was an OBGYN who'd been practicing for a while. They're not entirely funded by Medicare/Medicaid so no points against you for previous training!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!