× Women Physicians

I'm so, so glad to find this board!

More
12 years 11 months ago #21864 by francesca'smom
Oh my god I'm getting so depressed reading this thread-even though I know you all are feeling so happy. I just took a job leaving my boring unfulfilling government job to go to a part-time private practice. I really really really hope it is not the nightmare everyone has been describing. My govt job was just intolerable for many reasons-but its very different than something like the FDA (see my previous posts if interested). I start my first post-residency private practice job in about a month. I purposely picked someplace in a nice suburb where the other docs seemed relaxed and happy and where they were fine with me working part-time. There's another new mother working part-time too, plus a part-timer who has another career, plus one full-timer. I really hope this works for me, and also that you all find something that works for you outside of medicine or in another setting. Good luck to all of us in the New Year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #21865 by DrEthiope
Don't be depressed frankie. I think the point is that each of us have to figure out what's right for us. And, for some people the private practice of medicine is right for them. I just know with my personality and interests, it's not right for me, but you may be ok. I do have a friend or two who has managed to find a practice environment that works for them, so good luck.

I wanted to read your previous posts, but I don't know where to find them.

More
12 years 11 months ago #21866 by drmom90
DrEthiope,

Thanks for the google tip--I will try it. I took the test online last night. And thanks for the PM info. As things materialize, i am sure I will develop more questions.

Frankie--don't get depressed! Many people find the challenges of private practice quite stimulating and there are rewards. It's just that for some of us, the stressors outweigh the rewards because we may not be truly designed for traditional clinical practice.
Besides--I'm hoping that someone will continue to love practicing primary care because I will eventually need a doctor! ;) Best of everything in your new job!

More
12 years 11 months ago #21867 by alternativeMD
For the medical writers among us...

Found this on Craigslist

www.aafp.org/online/en/home/careers/staff/job53.html

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!