× Women Physicians

Impossible Office Demands

More
11 years 3 months ago #22240 by sahmd
lori, I wonder how the Medical Home is different from the HMO concept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #22241 by kpzr/9145
HEY, MOM LAS, PERHAPS YOUR ADMINISTRATION SHOULD ASK IN THEIR PATIENT SATISFACTION SURVEYS, WHETHER YOUR PATIENTS WOULD LIKE THEIR APPOINTMENT TIMES CUT IN HALF SO YOU COULD SEE MORE PATIENTS PER DAY. IF THEY REALLY CARED ABOUT WHAT PATIENTS WANT THIS SHOULD BE ASKED. ACTUALLY, IT OCCURS TO ME THAT WHAT PRACTICING PHYSICIANS WANT IS NOT THAT DISPARATE FROM WHAT PATIENTS WANT AFTER ALL. WE JUST WANT ADEQUATE TIME TO SPEND TOGETHER TO DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP. BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE AS PHYSICIANS REPRESENT THE ENTIRE HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATION TO OUR PATIENTS. SO, AGREE WITH THE SYSTEM OR NOT, WE LAND UP TAKING THE BLAME FOR WHAT DOES NOT WORK ABOUT THE SYSTEM. NOT SURE WHAT THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS, AND I SURE WILL NOT BE THE ONE TO FIX IT OR EVEN SUGGEST A SOLUTION. JUST STICK TO YOUR GUNS. PERHAPS BRINGING UP THE PATIENT SAFETY CARD WOULD HELP YOU - IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ADEQUATE TIME WITH YOUR PATIENTS, THEN PATIENT SAFETY IS AT RISK? THIS IS A HOT TOPIC LATELY AND I AM SURE THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT WANT TO BE SUED OVER A PATIENT SAFETY ISSUE. YOU KNOW, THIS IS WHAT FINALLY LED TO REFORM IN THE RESIDENT WORK HOURS.

kpzr

More
11 years 3 months ago #22242 by mai tai
wow, i got stressed out just reading your original post, momlas. i agree, it's unreasonable to try to see someone in a 10 minute time slot. that will cover pleasantries and one acute issue, not many chronic problems. have you thought about looking into working for kaiser or the va?

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!