× Women Physicians

Why I love being a woman physician...

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #23070 by MomMD
What keeps you motivated, fulfilled or working as a physician. What do you love the most? What stops you from quitting? Who's happy? How do you get through the ups and downs of being a woman in medicine?

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #23071 by kandidoc
The patients keep me in it. Absolutely nothing else. In fact, everything else just makes it a tedious and thankless JOB! And, I mean everything: from the staff to the administration to the healthcare management companies and other payors to the lab. :goodvibes: Besides, there's a saying (a prayer or something) that goes: "God won't put nuthin' on you that you can't handle," and when I say it to myself in the tough times (and believe me I have to say it repeatedly sometimes :banghead: ), I know it's going to work out just fine. :hyper: Best yet, "goin' through it" builds perspective and empathy for other human beings. Women Docs are Truly Blessed and Highly Favored!

More
15 years 1 week ago #23072 by kthoms0319
I love it when I walk in the room, and the patient says, "Oh, I'm so glad you're a woman!" and I say, "So am I!"
:D

More
15 years 1 week ago #23073 by residentmom
I love when patients ask if I am a mom... and the fact that I am makes them trust me so much more! :goodvibes: I love that I can bond with women who are pregnant, or having a pap, or some other womanly problem. And I like the way older men are surprised that I am a decent doctor "despite" being a woman! :rotfl:

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
15 years 1 week ago #23074 by rs4
i like being able to see sexual trauma victims who probably wouldn't see a man. lots of my patients pick me out of referral lists because i am a woman. luckily i'm just as wonderful as they expect :D

More
15 years 3 days ago #23075 by sisriver
There are some motivating responses here. Just an anecdote: my daughters first grade class came to sing at our hospital this week. A few of my patients happened to be there listening, as well as staff. It was a proud moment all around, a moment of union between the 2 roles doctor-mom for me.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!