× Women Physicians

Resources for SAHM-MDs?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #76727 by Dr.I
That is great, BUT, it is VERY difficult to go back later. Things can happen that you don't anticipate, like spouse's death or divorce. Try to at least volunteer once a week at a clinic to keep your skills up, as mentioned above. Otherwise a re-training is required and its very hard to find/set up, time-consuming and often expensive. Just a word to the wise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #77614 by Expatdoctormom
Hi! Good for you for starting the blog. Sorry not to contact you through the site but I was not interested in signing up for tumblr at the moment.

I too started a blog/free healthcare site (will possibly make it a paid service at some point just building a readership/following now.)

Love that you are doing podcasts! I would love to be interviewed for a podcast. What are you using to record? We are abroad at the moment... You can use SKYPE to record interviews to turn into podcasts. I intend to add podcasts the later part of the year.

Have a look at my site: www.expatdoctormom.com at my story: expatdoctormom.com/my-story/
and my journey: expatdoctormom.com/my-projects/my-journey/ for more information.

I am saddened that so many women are disenchanted with medicine. I still really enjoy clinical medicine. I had to put it on hold as until now there have not been any good venues for me to practice abroad. But hopefully soon, I will re-start here until our eventual return back to the USA.

Feel free to email me directly through my site: expatdoctormom.com/contact/

Regards,
Rajka

More
8 years 9 months ago #78438 by Dr.I
I want to add that I found a job doing disability exams. This is easy for any mom returning to medicine - they provide the office, malpractice, everything, you just pick the days you want to work, like one day a week or even just Sat.'s and you walk in, see claimants (you don't do any prescribing) and leave. You can dictate and edit the reports at home. I'm so happy! I am reviewing medications in an online course at home and when I feel comfortable will start back in practice. If noone will hire me, I will just continue doing disability exams and start my own practice by sub-leasing a small office one day a week until I am full, then add another day, etc.

More
8 years 9 months ago #78443 by sahmd
That's great, Dr.I!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!