× Women Physicians

Physician only forum?

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #23709 by Sethina1
Hello,

Would our physician members want their own forum, accessed only by physicians? Please post your feedback and let me know what you want. You could try emailing me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I want to accommodate all our members and understand that some physicians value the privacy of a physician only forum.

Sethina Edwards
President, MomMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #23710 by MomMD
looks like this will happen, any objections from our physician members??

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
17 years 1 week ago #23711 by su4n2
Hi sethina,
i am not a physician, i am applying to med school next year. i have found that some of the most informative posts have come from physicians. it has certainly taught me a lot. i feel like we all benefit from them. my worry is that the physicians will not post as much in the other forums, and we won't be able to get their perspective. thanx, susan

More
17 years 1 week ago #23712 by MomMD
this is a valid concern. Any physicians care to add anything?

From a MomMD point of view, our physician audience (due to the nature of their business) would prefer more privacy in discussing issues that affect them. The forum will be on this same page (exactly as is) and we can make a special request to them to post in other forums too. For example, career, family and parenting, general discussion seems to get a good balance of physicians and students.

Keep your opinions coming!!

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
17 years 1 week ago #23713 by Kimya
Hi,

I just wanted to say that I don't think a physician only forum is a good idea. There is already a forum on the internet for physicians only. It is discussion of some of the more challenging problems from real physicians that makes this site so useful, in my opinion. I don't think busy people will take the time to post in two sections, and for this reason, I think this would essentially divide the site into two groups, the premeds and the physicians, and although premeds have a lot of valuable information and support, I feel I really need to hear from people who have "been there".

If people are concerned about privacy, couldn't they get an anonymous nickname and change essential identifying information? I would think that a physicians only forum would make it more difficult in a way to conceal privacy, because of the chance you might run into someone that knows you or your situation, especially in a specialty.

Well, my 2 cents! Sounds like it's already happening though..

More
17 years 1 week ago #23714 by Shelli
Keep the forum open to all. Women physicians who want private discussions can talk about it with their personal friends and dont need to be lamenting on a website.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!