× Women Physicians

Physician only forum?

More
16 years 11 months ago #23745 by docnroll
I agree that we shouldn't have to portray only the good side of medicine but if we all wanted to we could our worst day, worst experience etc and really detract from many of the wonderful things of being a physician... When you are in practice it is often difficult to accept anything that you do wrong or that goes wrong because I think as physicians we are trained to not accept mistakes or any errors. Yet, we forget to feel good about the thousands of people we have helped over the same time period.

Personally, there are many things I will not share with a non-physician because it doesn't feel right to reveal certain things to them until they can understand what it is like to watch a patient die or be covered in blood after trying to save someone or being yelled at for wanting to help a patient in a way that is not acceptable to the attending. Just like motherhood there are many things you just have to experience and not logically try to figure out ahead of time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23746 by sarah_roberts
I don't agree with this suggestion.

In fact, when the results are published, if it is found that this is only a physician only forum, then that will be my last visit to mommd.

I am so dissapointed that a web site this good could suggest such discrimination against it's own kind.

Does being a medical student or premed mean that you are less important than a physician or resident?

Why then is the premed section not restricted to premeds only?

This is outright discrimination.

More
16 years 10 months ago #23747 by MomMD
I'm going to close this topic as the decision has been made that this will remain an open forum. If you're not on the MomMD mailing list that includes these announcements, click the join MomMD button on the left!

Thanks to all who contributed!

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!