× Women Physicians

Physician only forum?

More
17 years 1 week ago #23715 by MomMD

Originally posted by Shelli:
Keep the forum open to all. Women physicians who want private discussions can talk about it with their personal friends and dont need to be lamenting on a website.

I feel I must respond to this!! We all need to lament on this website and may not want to discuss these issues with personal friends! Physicians, as anyone else who visits the site, should feel welcomed to lament. This is the whole purpose of having discussion forums!!

Thanks,

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #23716 by nesannason
Closing this forum totally defeats what you are trying to accomplish!!! Let the elitists go elsewhere!!!

More
17 years 1 week ago #23717 by mitchiko
I have mixed feelings about making a physicians only site. Sometimes I get invaluable information from my non medical friends, but on the otherhand I don't think that a non medical person can truly understand what it is like to be a physician, and the day to day crap that yoy must deal with.

More
17 years 1 week ago #23718 by jessica fielden
i agree. keep the forum open to all. those who wish to be anonymous can do so.

More
17 years 1 week ago #23719 by mmk3
I am a new member and have found the discussions in the various forums to be a real help. I am interviewing at medical schools now (for fall 2003 entrance) and it has been such a blessing to be able to read about the challenges, especially those regarding family, that women in medicine face. I am married but do not have children...yet. It would be disappointing if a physicians only forum existed, because in joining this site, I wanted to hear the nitty gritty from all of you...so that I could keep the stories (and your creative solutions!) in the back of my mind when facing my own difficulties along the way. :)

More
17 years 1 week ago #23720 by MomMD
Thanks all, I'm listening, keep them coming! :wave:

It looks like most favor keeping this open (I had some emails saying the same).

Also worth mentioning is that you can private message people via these forums for a private one-to-one discussion.. If a message or forum does not interest you then you don't need to read it.

Anyone else?

Thanks...

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!