The Primary Care Provider will provide primary medical care services and health education/screening activities to meet the healthcare needs of the Project HOME community: Project HOME residents, neighbors in the community, homeless persons & staff.
Job Summary The Primary Care Provider (Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) is a key member of an integrated health care team and instrumental to its success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides direct patient care at Project HOME, which include:
· Primary care medical services for children and adults in consultation with and/or under the supervision of family
· Collaboration with Project HOME staff and behavioral health staff on the healthcare needs of Project HOME residents.
· Coordination of care for all patients
· Occasional health education programs and community health screenings for patients, Project HOME residents,
community neighbors and staff as needed.
· Works independently and collaboratively with a team
· Provider will see 8 patients per session (1/2 day) for a total of 8 sessions per week.
· Supports and demonstrates the Mission and Values of Project HOME
· Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity to all patients.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding all patients.
· Promotes awareness towards a healthy work environment and good communication among Project HOME staff.
· Takes a pro-active stance in dealing with the disenfranchised by addressing socio-economic needs in addition to clinical
· Participate in Quality and Risk Management Committee as designated.
· Develop and maintain activities to achieve Patient Centered Medical Home as required.
· Teach and supervise residents, and other health profession students who rotate through SKWC
· Other duties as assigned
· May be asked to develop programs to expand and support care delivery at Project HOME Healthcare sites
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer