When you are interviewing for medical school you're not applying for a job. So interviewers are not limited by laws governing job interviews.
Sometimes, interviewers push the limits of reasonability, leading to inappropriate questions. Here are a few that MomMD readers brought to our attention -- and that you might encounter.
- Do you have children? Yes? How do you plan to study with kids?
- Are you planning on getting pregnant during medical school?
- As a woman, do you feel you will stick with a career in medicine?
- Do you go to church regularly?
- How do you plan to pay for medical school?
If you have heard other such questions, let us know about them at inappropriate interview questions (affiliated site).
And for a Top 10 list of medical school questions, check out this rundown of commonly asked questions.