"Hi. I am 11. My Mom is an Internist. Mom asked me to write to you because you were worried about how it will affect your kids to have their mom being a doctor.
Bad Things about Mom Being A Doctor:
- I can't fake being sick.
- The old saying that "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" never works.
- Mom can always tell if my hands aren't clean. I have had to learn how to wait when mom was on the phone talking to a patient.
- Patients are always telling me :"Oh, you're so cute."
Good Things about Mom Being A Doctor:
- When I am sick (for real) Mom always knows what I need and where to get it plus what to do.
- I love the toys from the drug reps.
- I used to love going to the hospital with Mom when she made rounds because it was interesting to look at all the hospital stuff and I used to like to sit at the desk and color.
- I can go hang out at Mom's office whenever I want to. I can earn money there too. I used to have a side-business giving backrubs to my Mom's patients for a quarter, and they always gave me tips too.
- I am very proud of my Mom."
Stephanie is the daughter of MomMD member.
Are you the child of a MomMD? Would you like to tell us how having a MomMD affects your life? With your parent's permission please contact us and share your story!