The following resources are available for our premedical student visitors and those thinking of becoming a doctor. Find information on everything from taking the MCAT, to how to become a doctor. Articles include: how to become a physician; what to expect as a medical student; what it's like being a doctor; family-friendly medical schools; admissions info and essay writing courses; everything possible about taking the MCAT; being a non-traditional, mom or older medical student; the history of women in medicine; and, much more. Meet thousands of premeds in our active forums, ask questions and make new friends!
How to Become a Doctor
- Premed forum - join the discussion with moderators who have been through it, including physicians, med school interviewers, and med students.
- Becoming a physician - understanding the process of getting into medical school - is medicine right for you?
- Premed Planning - a helpful timeline for becoming a doctor
- Medical school application - preparing to apply to medical school using the AMCAS application.
- Medical school tuition - getting your MD without a heavy bill.
- What to Expect as a Medical Student
- Medical residency - how to survive one of the hardest training processes around
- Being a Doctor - pros and cons, what is it really like?
- What is the difference between an MD & DO?
- Medical blogs - Premeds, Medical Students, Residents & Physicians
- MCAT - Resources, Tips & Information
- Interview with Eliza Lo Chin
- What Medical Schools Look For in Interviewees
- Asking for medical school letters of recommendation
- When to take the MCAT
- Upping Your Patient Contact Hours
- AMCAS Essay - four pitfalls to avoid a bad essay
- Secondary applications - typical mistakes many premeds make with their secondary applications to medical school
- What are medical school admission requirements?
- Short List for Preparing to Apply to Medical School
- Non-traditional medical school applicants - am I too old to go back to school?"
- "I'm Afraid I'm Not a Competitive Applicant. What Should I Do?" - Part I
- Should I mention that I am a mother? - Answers from MomMD members
- Are You a Victim of Self-Sabotage?
- Family friendly medical schools
- How to get support to pursue this career.