Life renewal is a conscious process of examining your life and imparting energy in new ways that add excitement and vitality.
Many long for a time to discover who they are and what they really want from life.
Fact is, what you believe is possible creates potential. Potential enables action. And, action produces results.
If you are not entirely satisfied with who, what or where you are in your life, consider taking stock, reassessing, dreaming and planning how you wish things were different. You can become "who" you want to be and do what you say you want to do if you're ready to evolve to another part of your life.
Here are some principles and strategies that may guide you in your quest to effectively transform your life.
1. Reflect on your passion and values. Determine the meaning and purpose of your life--what brings you true happiness; what ignites your passion and energy; what is most important to you.
2. State your intention. What is your vision? Be absolutely clear what or who it is you desire to transform yourself into. Declare your desired state based on what you want for yourself. Affirm your dreams. Focus, clarify, write down and claim your dreams. Don't keep your goals a secret. By declaring your intentions you can get others on board to support your transformation. Be open to the possibilities of what might show up along the way. You must be willing to surrender yourself to your passion.
3. Stretch yourself beyond what you currently believe is possible.
Once your dreams are written, you'll have a clear sense of direction. You'll know what you are aspiring to do, be or become. Dream big! You can figure things out along the way and don't have to know exactly how you're going to get there at this point. Make promises and commitments so you'll push yourself to step up and raise the bar as you evolve through the process. Progress will occur as you set your conventional thinking aside and risk being foolish or unreasonable in your expectations.
4. Ask better questions. Use positive powerful and optimistic questions that empower you to be pulled forward. These questions help you especially if you don't have a clue about how to achieve your dreams. For instance, if you knew how to achieve your biggest dreams, where would you start? What would you do first? What are you waiting for? Questions that begin with "what" and "how" are generally more empowering than "why" questions. (See specific examples on the preceding page.)
5. Narrow your Focus. Transformation requires discipline. You cannot reach your destiny by attempting to travel more than one road simultaneously. Likewise, focus on practical solutions. Choose a piece of your life to begin working on. Focus on solutions.
6. Build up reserves in every aspect of your life (i.e., time, money, and support) so that you avoid "needing" anything. By creating abundance you will be able to come from a position of power, control and choice. A good rule of thumb is to build up twice as much of the resources as you think you'll need to meet your transformational goals. Nearly every process has inherent time delays for achieving the desired results. By having a reserve of what you might need, you create a sense of freedom. Every thought is an investment in your future, so, invest wisely and consistently.
7. Have a balanced life while you pursue your transformational goals. Allow time out for other interests and pleasures. Insure your personal foundation is strong and can persevere.
8. Avoid energy draining people who do not support your transformational goals. These people will convey their doubt and lack of support almost every chance they get. They will cause you to doubt yourself. Instead, surround yourself with like-minded people and people who support you wholeheartedly.
9. Identify other's successes. Investigate how others have done what you'd like to do. Interview 3-5 very successful people who have achieved a similar transformation in their life. Find out how they did it, what was critical for their success and what suggestions they are willing to offer you. List the qualities that contributed to their success. Select a quality you know you need to develop and look for practical ways to develop that quality every day.
10. Practice daily habits that support your transformation. Determine your top priorities and specific actions you need to take. Eliminate distractions that may cause you to get off track. Create mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being practices you can do regularly that support your desired being. For instance, it you say you want to lose weight, eat sensibly and do physical exercise as part of your regular lifestyle. Take some actions every day toward your desired outcome.
11. Detach from the outcome. Although your personal transformation may be important to you, want it but don't need it. Find other ways to get your needs met. Realize that regardless of the outcome, you will still be in a different place for having gone through the process. There are valuable learning opportunities inherent in the process of transformation. Transformation is a spiritual experience that cannot often be intellectualized. It is a feeling that cannot be forgotten or captured in words but is with you for the rest of your life.
12. Stay in the present. Enjoy your life today and don't wait for the transformation to finish before you are happy. No one can predict the future, so, delaying your happiness and personal fulfillment to a future state will not be effective. Bring joy and gratitude into each day. If you aren't happy with where you are today, you'll need to learn the lessons involved before you will be able to move on. Acknowledge and reward yourself along the path of your transformation. Celebrate who you are becoming.
You can be no greater than your imagination allows. You must be willing to leave behind who you are in order to become who you want to be. Once you enjoy life to the fullest, those around you will reap the benefits, as well.
Empowering Self Discovery Questions: